The Xbox "Xenon" news thread...

Goldeneye: Teh Drinkin Game? interesting concept you have there Xie. :lick: Please, do go on. lol

ElementalDragon said:
Goldeneye: Teh Drinkin Game? interesting concept you have there Xie. :lick: Please, do go on. lol
Well whenever you got pwn3d you drank .. sometimes a few gulpes .. later rounds your beer. :classic:

lol....wonder what how well u played after getting fooked up.

TittleBitties said:
lol....wonder what how well u played after getting fooked up.
I'm no scientist but I believe it's fact that as consumption goes up your ability to play goes down but the fun levels go up. :p You'll be playing the worst you've ever played but it'll be the most fun you've had.

lol...yeah i knew that. I was just being stupid and i forgot to put the :p face.

I really want some new info on Revolution and PS3 now.

ElementalDragon said:
Grandmaster.... it almost sounds as if you never played Goleneye on N64. that game was THE BEST to play with 3 other buddies when sittin on a couch.

Now if you read my comment, it says "It's so much fun to be able to play with a group of friends on a couch"

Meaning, I'd like 4 controller ports :p In fact, I am one of those people who have two TVs and then I get one of my friends to bring over their Xbox and 4 controllers, so we get 4 v 4 LAN madness

And no, I've never played GoldenEye, because I didn't have an N64. I didn't even own a Playstation, I had to go to my cousins house to play classics like MGS (among dozens of others)...The last console I owned before the Xbox was a Sega Genesis, so I had about a 5-6 year gap there

blah blah... too late to defend myself :)

I just read recently, in business weekly, that the xenon is going to be a processor based on ibm's supercomputer.

And to answer the question about why they need all that power, i think the new games are heading for graphics on par with say the final fantasy movie, finding nemo, that kind of thing, they are looking at making the ambience of the games a lot more complicated, you'll find that ambient graphics in a game usually take far more power than say the main character does to draw. (and screw the typos :) )

lancer said:
blah blah... too late to defend myself :)

I just read recently, in business weekly, that the xenon is going to be a processor based on ibm's supercomputer.

And to answer the question about why they need all that power, i think the new games are heading for graphics on par with say the final fantasy movie, finding nemo, that kind of thing, they are looking at making the ambience of the games a lot more complicated, you'll find that ambient graphics in a game usually take far more power than say the main character does to draw. (and screw the typos :) )

Hey, we'll forgive the typos. :) But seriously, I happen to agree with you about needing that type of power for ambient graphics. It makes sense really. I just wish more game developers would put some focus on fun factor and gameplay. You know, like they had to back when graphics were sh!t. It's about fun factor and replay value for me, superb graphics are just icing on the cake.

tht is true, but i have to say i love it, when you have something happen in the background like grass moving when i walk over it, dust kicking up, when my car skids to a halt, birds and insects flying around, and my biggest kick, is just seeing clouds roll by.

now i know realistic wheather effects are going to be a the new big step forward.

i like playing games, but usually they are all the same, the thing that changes it for me quite often is the site seeing. i love to interact with the envirnment, like using the microwave flushing the toilets, i know it sounds silly, but i really do think it takes a game to another lvl, when silly little things, that do nothing for the core of the game are included.

Xie said:
Well whenever you got pwn3d you drank .. sometimes a few gulpes .. later rounds your beer. :classic:
We used to do that!

If you killed someone you got vodka and if you died you had to drink some horrid drink like 20/20 :D

Hours of fun :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back