The Windows Key

M

marklang

Hey all Quick question,

Anyone know of a way to make it so that widnows doesn't open the start menu with the windows key, but you can still use it as a mapped key for programs, such as the transmit key for a roger wilco or such? I ask becuase some games it drops you out of and that is really perturbing me :). thanks for the help

Mark

Any idea if they have an article abouot the list key also? I can't seem to find it

Thought it was my unsufficient knowledge of English, that I didn't understand which key is spoken of. Perhaps the application key, that one between right windows and ctrl? Don't know if there is a general way to disable it, but if you use a Microsoft keyboard with Intellitype software there is an option in controlpanel/keyboard to disable it (btw also for the Windows keys). Perhaps other manufacturers have similar options.

Yes the Application key is what I meant. The registry key to disable the windows key worked perfectly, stopped windows from bringing up the start menu and I could still bind it in my games. The registry key was a binary, and if anyone knows the binary string for the application key it would be great....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back