• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The Windows Key

M

marklang

Hey all Quick question,

Anyone know of a way to make it so that widnows doesn't open the start menu with the windows key, but you can still use it as a mapped key for programs, such as the transmit key for a roger wilco or such? I ask becuase some games it drops you out of and that is really perturbing me :). thanks for the help

Mark

M

marklang

Any idea if they have an article abouot the list key also? I can't seem to find it

yoyo

Thought it was my unsufficient knowledge of English, that I didn't understand which key is spoken of. Perhaps the application key, that one between right windows and ctrl? Don't know if there is a general way to disable it, but if you use a Microsoft keyboard with Intellitype software there is an option in controlpanel/keyboard to disable it (btw also for the Windows keys). Perhaps other manufacturers have similar options.

M

marklang

Yes the Application key is what I meant. The registry key to disable the windows key worked perfectly, stopped windows from bringing up the start menu and I could still bind it in my games. The registry key was a binary, and if anyone knows the binary string for the application key it would be great....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oggeytom