The US Election Mess

Xie

- geek -
Yep seems little has changed in states like Florida. :( Anyhoo here are two good sites I found an interesting read over. I don't see how in 4 years this wasn't fixed after all the trouble we had in 2000. There should be a nation wide standard for a national election. If the states wanna do their own thing on in state votes thats up to them I guess, but no standard for something as big as the Presidental election is just careless and not well thought out. Anyhoo here are those links I promised above before me short rant. :p

SFGate.com that claims to be ..
A look at lawsuits, voting problems and other ballot issues around the country

sun-sentinal.com has to do with Florida early voting problems. (ie. before the real load is even put on them)

*edit*- found this info that kinda explains how that crazy electoral college thing works and shows updated info like how many votes each state gets (ie. Florida get 27 this year which is +2 from last year).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back