The System could not log you on.....

napalmnthemorning

OSNN Senior Addict
I installed SP2 today and did some cleaning, tweaking, defraging, and all that stuff. I disabled some services in admininstrative tools and now I'm getting this message that pops up on my sign in screen after rebooting.
" The System could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain are correct, then type your password again. Letters in passwords must be typed using the correct case." Not sure how to get rid of this.

napalmnthemorning

OSNN Senior Addict
Its with the welcome sceen which is behind the popup warning sign. I able to log on after I click off the warning sign. The welcome screen says Admininistrator and I'm using a different name "DANIEL" but it keeps showing up as administrator. I was wondering if there was some editing I could do in Computer Management>System Tools>Local Users and Groups>Users that will point the log on screen to show my name and not administrator. ? Not sure.

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList

Create a new Dword entry and label it administrator. Set the value to 0
If there is one labelled Daniel delete it and it should show the user daniel and hide administrator.

napalmnthemorning

OSNN Senior Addict
I went to Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList and didn't see any administrator, login information. I did create a DWORD and labeled it administrator with a 0 value, there was no daniel DWORD in this file, No luck however...

I looked in the Winlogon file and saw a couple DWORD's that looked like winners.
AltDefaultUserName REG_SZ daniel
AutoAdminLogon REG_SZ 1

Would this be where I want to delete the daniel string and change the value of AutoAdminLogon to 0 ?

napalmnthemorning

OSNN Senior Addict
That did it rushm001. I deleted the daniel string and changed the value of AutoAdminLogon to 0 in Winlogon. I restarted and it went to the boot screen, then the welcome screen and right to the desktop. Great Job! thanks for your help.

Since were on the subject ? I'm wondering if there is a registry edit to go right from the boot screen, bypassing the welcome screen and going right to the desktop? I'll start a new topic and leave this one alone. Thanks again rushm001 :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut