The speed of NFS HP2

Doom

OSNN Senior Addict
I've just bought Need for speed hot persuit 2. The game loods fantastic but moves very jerkey. Does anyone know how to speed thing's up a bit? I'm using the latest nvidia drivers and have direct x 9. Chears

Also to add that the PC, XBOX and Gamecube versions of this game were done in 9 months as compared to the 20 months on the PS2.
Many reported issues with these rush jobs. Handling delay of car in particular. The feeling of speed is also a known issue. Although the driver "fix" might help I think it best just to stick with Nvidia's latest full release. Of course you could always download a beta driver , see if you like it and then "roll back the driver".

I hope all turns out well. I am huge fan of NFS Porsche Unleashed
which ran supremely and although I am loathe to admit it.....the PS2 console wins in the round up on this game.

Grym ( and polishing my Guillemot Force Feedback Wheel) blayd

Try turning off EAX, as it can really bog the game down, especially with a Creative card.

check in the BIOS for something called "AGP Aperture" - set it to the maximum possible... I found it made d3d very jittery and jumpy - setting it to 256 (maximum on my mobo) fixed the problem fine :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back