the Qube = 5hit3?

D

dotbatman

Anyone else tried this Qube thing? Pretty nasty bit of business that is...

1. Refuses to stop sharing out default directories.
2. Starts with Windows even tho I told it not to.
3. Almost no content to download.
4. Crashes constantly.
5. Uses 100% processor time.

Other than that it's GREAT! :rolleyes:

I've been using eDonkey with the bot, but I find that many files are not what their name says, ie. the person has renamed the file to screw with you. Kazaa and Morpheus seem to be equally useless.

Anyone got any suggestions, tips in this area?

I haven't found any of the file-sharing networks that really tickle my fancy. Gnutella seems to have a higher calibre of users on the network, although the ages it takes to get connected to a decent group of servers might turn some people off. Good content -- if you can get to it. I pretty much see it as the lesser of evils.

My favourite Gnutella client at the moment is Gnucleus. No fuss, open-source, no spyware, and it's pretty darned robust. I really wouldn't recommend Gnutella on a dial-up, however, since it takes up about a third of your bandwidth just to stay in the client-server stream.

I find Fastraks' network to be the best even though fake files are now showing up... eDonkey with the bot gives access to some REALLY good files... I finally got that 8n1 cd for my collection along with a Win2k 3in1... and a SuperOS 3n1... I started collecting OSs back when I was getting XP betas...

The Qube isn't great... When I opened it it would close but keep some gnutella program open using a lot of cpu... 13 people sharing... IT lasted less than any ghutella client I ever installed,,, 3 minutes or so...

LOL dotbatman sounds like fun :p

I havent had any luck with P2P programs either, i might try Fastraks' network like MiseryQ suggested.

winMX is the best way to go I feel........... weird no one said anything about it!

Yessir winMX kicks Butt

and Qube is rubbish, until they fix all the bugs :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back