The problem with outlook 2003

eluebf

OSNN Newbie
Hi, I have a problem with sending and recieving e-mail.
I have tiscali e-mail account in the outlook 2003.
There are no erro messages, simply it says outlook working correctly.
But, I know that I've sent an e-mail to my hotmail account but I cannot find the e-mail in the hotmail. And My friends have been telling me that they've sent e-mails to me, but I have not recieved them.
What should I do?

I assume tiscali is your provider maybe? Do they have a web interface you could try out? Does it work on there just not on Outlook?

I assume tiscali is your provider maybe? Do they have a web interface you could try out? Does it work on there just not on Outlook?
Yeah, you're right. the tiscali is ISP. I've tried out at IE and Firefox, then in IE web mail seems doesn't work, but in the Firefox mail seems to work.

If Outlook isn't reporting anything then it could just be your ISP's email servers that are messed up or having issues.

Well thats strange if it works in FireFox and not IE. I am leaning towards some issues with your ISP.

My first guess is there is something in your emails that is causing tiscali's spam or security filters to block them.

MP3, .exe .zip are often blocked by mail servers.

Try sending just a plain text message, no fancy backgrounds or stationary. Just text and see if that gets blocked. Tiscali may not allow html or rich text emails for security reasons. You may be able to get this changed.

Also Outlook blocks certain types of attachments by default. That is why I switched to Eudora. I got tired of the hassles. On the other hand outlook works just fine for my wife.

My first guess is there is something in your emails that is causing tiscali's spam or security filters to block them.

MP3, .exe .zip are often blocked by mail servers.

Try sending just a plain text message, no fancy backgrounds or stationary. Just text and see if that gets blocked. Tiscali may not allow html or rich text emails for security reasons. You may be able to get this changed.

Also Outlook blocks certain types of attachments by default. That is why I switched to Eudora. I got tired of the hassles. On the other hand outlook works just fine for my wife.

Usually Outlook will just block the actual attachment and still let the message though. And there are ways to disable the blocked attachments.

Hi, thank all of you for giving me some comments. I think that I may have solved the problems. I have put e-mail addresses sent to me into something called "safe sender list" or something in the opition for junk mail setting.
Now, I can sent and recieve e-mails whose address has been listed.
My guess is that I used to install norton security and anti-virus software on my computer, maybe that is the casue, or I think that some suggested that ISP's e-mail system is having a problem.

Thank you very much for helps from all of you.

Eluebf

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back