the only noobie question thread...

Elektro Slime

Harware Guru
hey guys i know a lot of people are often embarrased to ask some noobie questions, thinking theyll be vicitimised by hundreds of flame posts. So ive decided to start my own noobile question thread:

To get the ball rolling here are some things ive been wondering about:

1. What does OSSN stand for?
2. How does one go about increasing one's 'Power' ?

OSSN

:p

0240.jpg

Right

1. OSNN stand for: The Operating System News Network (I think this says this on the front page somewhere)
2. To increase your power you need to add to peoples reputation (the little scales icon) when they help you or make you laugh etc… The more reputation you dish out the higher your power

So increase my rep for answering you and you should see your power increase ;)

now the serious reply :p

to increse power:
give rep/recieve rep.
post lots
become higher in forums rank (vip etc)

the name osnn has been discussed in maaaaaany threads, most popular is Operating Systems News Network :d

thanks guys! i would be pleased to give u all reps, but i cant.

thinks is im having problems with my JAVA, tried reinstall but still not working........

BTW can somone do me a favour... what link do you see in ur statusbar when you hover the mouse pointer overr the add to reputation button?

It pops up a window.

Reputation level and reputation power are two completely different things that do led with each other, if that made any sense.

You gain power depending on how long you have been here, post count or reputation level. Power is the amount of reputation you can add (or remove... soon, maybe)

Reputation level is the culmination of these power shifts.

i realise that, but when i click on the [image]http://forum.osnn.net/images/buttons/reputation.gif[/image] icon nothing happens, the page just reloads.

It opens a pop-up window... :rolleyes:

If you're utilising a pop-up blocker of some sort, then you will need to enable pop-ups for osnn.net if it's too sensitive.

There should never be any popups on osnn or its forums (can't really speak for hosted sites as I have no control over them)

no i dont have any pop-up blockers. it must be the JAVA, i cant use hotmail, when i click on the Inobx,Junk mail, or reply nothing happens...so it must be the java..

I'll say it again. It has nothing to do with Java. Nothing.

Are you talking Java or javascript? They are 2 very different creatures.

Definately javascript in this case. Especially as the popup uses javascript... ;)

Electronic Punk said:
javascript is not java. java is evil.
javascript is evil as well

as someone who has written programs in Java I will further second the motion that Java is evil

Electronic Punk said:
javascript is not java. java is evil.
Javascript is eviler. Java is at least standardized. Just don't mension applets, they give me the creeps. ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back