the on going search for a case...

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
i want yall to suggest a case or one of these two..

do you like this ahanix----its about 50 bucks without psu...
11-126-102-01.JPG
the review is here

http://www.overclockersclub.com/platinumxpcase.php

or

this ahanix case....which is 20 bucks!
11-126-104-04.JPG

Any word on which is quieter? I'm all about the quiet! Maybe you could get the cheap one and spend the $30 on some kind of mod if you aren't a big fan of side-windows.

Both are very nice looking! Good prices, too!

HOLY CRAP!!! I just noticed the second one uses the font from Omikron: The Nomad Soul. It has my vote!

Errr...you get what you pay for, keep that in mind. I try to buy the best case/psu because I know they will last me the longest... I would recommend an Antec case. The life style series can mount 2 very nice quiet 120MM case fans.

i mean, if you DONT want 7 fans in your case, thats your choice, but it wouldnt be mine. But, i guess you could just cut some nice big holes in your case and mount the fans like that. :)

If you need a very good case but don't need all the flashy stuff I'd say get a Chieftec. Their new BX series look very well made.

the number of fans and their sizes and placements is the single most important thing to me when choosing a case. 92mm or 120mm exhaust openings are awesome. or at least two 80mm's.

or you could just buy some really crappy case and leave the sides off. then just get a large fan and blow air through it.

Originally posted by taurus
the number of fans and their sizes and placements is the single most important thing to me when choosing a case. 92mm or 120mm exhaust openings are awesome. or at least two 80mm's.
One 120mm hole acctually has more area than two 80mm's. So yes, 120mm is preferred if available.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back