The Official WinHEC 2006 Thread

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
Well, it is that time of year again. Microsoft is getting ready to kick off the 2006 WinHEC conference this year from Seattle, WA. Unfortunately, OSNN will not have a person on-site as we did last year, but I'm sure we can all pay attention and scour the net for juicy information and tidbits. This can also be used as a centralized thread to talk about events that are occuring down there, as well as trying to have a Q and A for interested parties.

Like last year, a lot of the focus will be on Windows Vista (previously named Windows Longhorn at last year's event), as Beta 2 is set to be displayed and released to the General Public. Longhorn Server and Office 2007 will also be displayed at this event.

The first event of note is the Bill Gates Keynote, which can be viewed as a Live Webcast on Tuesday, May 23rd at 9 A.M. Pacific Time. The link for the webcast is here - http://www.microsoft.com/events/executives/billgates.mspx

For those who want to check in on the live happenings throughout the event, check out the WinHEC 2006 Virtual Pressroom.

Let the fun begin :)

Last edited:
we aren't on gmt at the moment, we are on bst.
hehe, I think?

Lost.

Well that clock is an hour off mine :)
CAn;t help feeling we are going slightly ot here,
So the keynote for UK people would appear to be 5pm

Second comment has a good point tho, why give the public the app when bill hasn't showed it off yet.

well it doesn't even start until today and things probably won't be handed out till after the keynote.so we'll see

Watching while downloading office beta, nvidia drivers.
its ALL going on.

Cool. :)

Too bad the other two keynotes aren't being streamed live. Apparently, the on-demand versions will be available later today.
I was also hoping to see those new Samsung hybrid hard disks in action.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back