The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

As far as I know Motorola is not planning on releasing a WM6 upgrade for any of their current devices. However, you would have to check with your provider (Telius or Bell Canada?).

There is no way to merge two different accounts into one on the device.

Hi guys .. I hope someone could help me out please.

I am currently using an O2 Atom Exec and would like to add some new ring tones. Problem is I tried putting the mp3 files into the "Windows/Rings" folder and the file appears in the option from the phone setting but would just not play. Everytime I select the mp3 file and click "ok", the selection would automatically jump to windows default instead of my selection.

Questions.
1. Does WM5.0 support mp3 files as ring tone? I checked with some other users and some say yes, while others say no.
2. If yes, how can it be done?
3. If no, what are the formats supported? I checked into o2's site and found that only wave or midi files if I am not mistaken?

Anyway .. thanks. :smoker:

Last thing I read they had to be wav files, but its something I also need to check out for myself - the default ones are poor to say the least!

I even downloaded a load of wav files from a thread at modaco but never got around to putting them on my phone.

Exactly .. why is that it is still not able to use mp3 files as ring tones? I have seen my friend's dopod able to do so but try as hard as I wish, can't seem to work. :laugh:

Is this the one with radio version 1.40.30.00? That's the first one that's been rock-solid since I got this phone. I think I've had to restart my phone once in three weeks. It comes with a demo of a cool program, too that identifies songs for you just by putting your phone near them for a few seconds.

Questions.
1. Does WM5.0 support mp3 files as ring tone? I checked with some other users and some say yes, while others say no.
2. If yes, how can it be done?
Anyway .. thanks. :smoker:

Are you talking about on your particular phone, or on WM5 in general? The HTC Hermes does; I've got mine on my memory card.

Is this the one with radio version 1.40.30.00? That's the first one that's been rock-solid since I got this phone. I think I've had to restart my phone once in three weeks. It comes with a demo of a cool program, too that identifies songs for you just by putting your phone near them for a few seconds.

That would be the ROM. It is pretty stable, only minor annoyances.

Touch does look nice, but are you stuck with that interface?
Or can you switch, kinda like the wm interface now! - i guess it getting prettier is always nice though..

Just don't like the idea of touching my screen as it gets greasy enough as it is.

Damn expensive at the moment as well, will wait for Wings I think.

Also good to see Orange dropping their SPV line which are really HTC devices anyway, no more "Orange" phones, there will be properl HTC phones now ala Nokia. Very cool, considering last 2 times I went to Phones4U the guys tehre had never heard of HTC!

Well, I took the plunge. SIM+CID unlocked my Wizard, and installed the latest clean WM6 ROM from xda-developers. Take that, T-Mo! :)

So far, so good. Being a clean ROM, it's actually much more responsive than the stock T-Mobile ROM (with all the junk in the extROM that I skipped installing last time).

Exchange sync is all set up and working great. Can't use most of the new features yet because it's still paired with Exchange 2003. This gives me all the more reason to build a 2007 box after I move to NYC. ;)

Not a whole lot of drastically new stuff, but I like the evolutionary improvements all around. The new phone pad UI is very convenient; it includes a list recently dialed calls as well as the full contact list, so searching for and dialing a number is much quicker now.

Will be playing around some more later today to see what other goodies I can find.

Which ROM did you install? Is there a version for the 8525 that is similar? Is there any junk that is installed with the custom ROM?

Tell me more!

Which ROM did you install? Is there a version for the 8525 that is similar? Is there any junk that is installed with the custom ROM?

Tell me more!
I installed the mezozoy remake from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=310833

As mentioned there, it's just the OS with no extROM, so it's very clean. I prefer to install any third-party stuff myself, as needed, so that one was perfect for me.

There do seem to be WM6 builds for the Hermes (8525) here, but I haven't looked into the details and how recent they are etc.

So, it's been almost a week and WM6 is running great. It's just as solid as WM5 was for me (haven't had to soft-reset due to lockups etc.), but faster and with more features. Would recommend it if you're feeling adventurous enough to flash your device with an unofficial ROM. :)

Also happy that the instant search feature for email doesn't need Exchange 2007.

I should take the dive, but I am scared...

I should take the dive, but I am scared...
It is a bit scary at first. I had to use lokiwiz to CID unlock the phone (which requires you to flash back to an old IPL/SPL 1.x ROM first), then re-flash the official T-Mo 2.x ROM, and finally flash the WM6 ROM.

Thankfully, it all went well, so I SIM+CID unlocked my dad's MDA too. Haven't put WM6 on his yet though.

No idea whether it's a similar process for the Hermes. If you're unsure, you should just wait for the official Cingular WM6 ROM for the 8525. Those of us with Wizards won't really have that option, so I had to take this route or stick with WM5 forever. :)

Also interesting - the xda-dev folks are in the process of porting some of the HTC Touch stuff to the Wizard (and possibly other WM devices?).
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=311225

COMMMGR.jpg

Looks cool, but I think I'll wait till they work through some of the bugs. :)

No Wing yet?
Nah, not planning on it, as I mentioned earlier. It's not a big enough step forward from the Wizard for me.
If it were 3G-ready and/or had built-in GPS capabilities (like the Artemis, for example), I'd be all over it. I'm waiting for the next one now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back