The Official Windows Mobile Discussion Thread

I agree. Outlook Mobile (known as Messaging in WM 5.0) isn't up to par. I have heard that is one of the things being addressed in the next version of WM (6.0 due out in 2007). The goal is to make it more like Word/Word Mobile and IE/IE Mobile.

Would be very good to see that, bring on the new features!

I check the URL every 30 minutes. I'm ready!

Molile outlook with desktop sync

Hi Everyone

I have a windown mobile 5.0 powered device running outlook 2003 on both my desktop and my mobile device. I syncronise between the two and have a folder called outlook e-mail on my mobile device that contains all emails from the past 7 days (configured that way). So far so good.

Now, I want to set up the mobile device to connect to my mail server to retreive all my new emails when I am not at work. however, I can only get this to work setting up a new account on the mobile device. How can I get the emails to download into my outlook e-mail account instead of this new account? any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Elroy

Re: Molile outlook with desktop sync

From my experience, the only way you can do that is if you are running Exchange. If you have some type of POP3/IMAP account, it won't go into the "Outlook E-mail".

Another limitation is that any messages you send from your WM5 device won't get saved anywhere, so if you want to save the message you are replying to I would Cc, yourself.

Great thread for WM5 questions and tips here -

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=83415

Thank you, kcnychief. we are running a unix-pases mail server - so no hope in hell, I guess.

I actually save my mail in the "sent mail" folder on WM5, but I also cc myself on all email that I need to keep track of. Thanks for the reminder, though. it is only a tool on the run to know what needs to be dealt with urgently. no real email replacement at this stage!

thanks for the link to the thread, also, I had forgotten about it.

do you happen to know if any junk mail finter exists for WM5?

cheers,
Elroy

The junk mail filter wouldn't be specific to WM5 I wouldn't think, you would need to look into something on the server level and then it would filter out. Similar to how my Exchange account filters things into my "Junk E-mail" folder, which don't download to my phone. I just check the folder occassionally when I am either on the server directly or on a client PC.

Someone else said Cingular doesn't release on Tuesday, it's always Thursday. We'll see.

we have a spam filter on the server level, and i still get around 30 smap/day although stat say it filters out 95% of junk mail - imagine the amount......

we will be getting an exchange server here in the next 6 month or so, so I guess until then i have to just live with it. thanks for you help on all of this, though.

oh, one other questions occurred to me (jyou might just want to merge this thread into the wm discussion thread, if you want). I connect with mt imate kjam to the Telstra Internet GPRS (big Oz carrier, no proxy), but at work here (uni) we have a proxy server running. every time i sync the device the internet settings in wm5 get set to using this proxy, but I don't want it to, as I have to go into the settings and unclick the box every time to be able to connect to the internet (not email, that works fine). how do i stop the proxy settings from syncing?

thanks again,
elroy

Derek -- Now my sources tell me it has been delayed for up to a month because of a newly discovered bug with Bluetooth and Cingular sold headsets. Figures. The ROM was rumored to be very buggy.

Derek -- Now my sources tell me it has been delayed for up to a month because of a newly discovered bug with Bluetooth and Cingular sold headsets. Figures. The ROM was rumored to be very buggy.
Bah, that stinks :(

Derek - October 29th (Sunday)

$549 without contract

Derek --

I got my hands on the PPT. I will email it to you. Slide 13 starts discussion about the 8500/8525.

NR --

I have the Cingular internal PowerPoint if you'd like it. PM me your email address.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back