The OFFICIAL OSNN fisherman strikes again!

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political Access
In my lateest outing, I was able to go out and do some night fishing...

It was slow but it paid off...

I went in search of a slot snook last night, I ended up with a ladyfish, a trout, and the story below will round it out:

We arrived at the docks after getting tons of small bait at around 8PM; there were TONS of shadows, some VERY large and WELL over slot... I guess they didnt get to be that big by being stupid... :rolleyes:

:laugh:
Anyway the night started off with a bang... I caught a trout the very first cast with a live shrimp pitching it to some shadows cruising the edge of the lights...:)

I also missed a few smaller hookups which I believed to be ladyfish because they never seemed to grab my fluke...

Then it happened... I was pitching live baits in and amongst the snooks with no takers when I told my friend my trusty fluke would catch one, you just watch... About five casts later... WHAMO... FISH ON!!
She put up a decent fight, she ran straight for the barnacle encrusted piling, when she pulled, I pulled back, and my little Abu Garcia Revo-S put a whooping on this fish:

Mikessnook.jpg

She was between 26.6 and 27 inches... the picture shows 26 (66 cm for you metric folks) but if you notice I was still trying to take the hook out of her mouth, and when I pushed her down and back... without the tail pinched she was 26 inches

Mikessnook2.jpg

CHEERS!

:cool:

Mike A!

Self-appointed that is, can't even do IMG tags correctly :smoker: :p

Self-appointed that is, can't even do IMG tags correctly :smoker: :p

Self appointed maybe so... I dont see anyone else posting all the fishes I do...

:laugh:

As for the IMG tags... I just copied the IMG tags from photobucket vs clicking the icon thinking it would work... I DID fix it...

:)

Mike A!

Good one Mike.

I am going next week to the mountains for the yearly guy trip and hoping to land a big one like Rod did last year.

Hey Mike, nice catch. Maybe we'll see you on Bass Master one day.

Hey Mike, nice catch. Maybe we'll see you on Bass Master one day.

That takes WAY too much time and $$$ which I have neither of...

It is more likely that I end up posting a top 10 finish at a major fishing event however... I have all the tools to do it... I begin competing in sanctioned competitions next year... :eek:

We will see how it goes... I would LOVE to fish for a living even if it was just as a guide...

Mike A!

Best of luck. I imagine you are one heck of a cook, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoops. At 11:30 AM nonetheless.

He was making fun of me. I typed something else instead of "cook". Whoops.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back