The Official Internet Explorer 7 Discussion Thread

American Zombie

Staff member
Political Access
Starting a thread about IE 7 in which people can post likes/dislikes as well as possible bugs they have encountered.

Download: Windows XP SP2 Edition
Download: Windows 2003 Server 32-Bit Edition
Download: Windows XP and 2003 Server x64 Edition
Download: Windows 2003 Server ia64 Edition

View: Internet Explorer 7

How to do some common tasks and the shortcuts in IE 7: Internet Explorer 7 Quick Reference Sheet.

If you would like to move the menu bar to the top of the browser then download the iemenumove.zip file.

Screenshot:

Attachments

• ie7menumove.zip
    601 bytes · Views: 231
  • menubar.jpg
    menubar.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
Re: Internet Explorer 7 Thread

Yeah and please post any sites that are suddenly broken so we can poke fun at them - unless its an osnn page.

Gah! What's with my fonts now? They're almost blurry when I use IE :(

Cleartype, disabling it should be in the options ... should have been a setting the first time you opened up IE.

Got it installed here at work now... WOW.

its groovy stuff, at work i use it as much as firefox (they're both always open) although at home i don't use it so much.

Love the RSS stuff, tabs, quickview etc.

I know I like tabs, not used to them just yet, a few days.
Looks great with the normal theme here, even better with teh hmmxp theme I am currently using at home.

thread stuck

I don't understand the tabs thing, why are tabs on top better then tabs on bottom?

I like the tabs in the taskbar, takes less realestate

Well tabs on the bottom, wouldn't that be a totally different IEXPLORE process?

Also I can right click a link, open in new tab and it won't steal focus (if I don't want it to) which is something I love.

Well tabs on the bottom, wouldn't that be a totally different IEXPLORE process?

Also I can right click a link, open in new tab and it won't steal focus (if I don't want it to) which is something I love.

ya, I'm wondering why the ie explore process isn't the same thing

as far as your tabs not stealing focus, first of all you should be ablle to get a midddle click to open a new tab ep..you need to skip the whole right click thing

but I see it's stealing fcous on new windows that makes tabs better, a new tab doesn't steal focus

that's not a problem the way I use a browser, the way I set up my browser in ie 6, new links didn't really steal focus

I always have my new links sized to be a small strip that open one on top of another, I can read a few lines of content and not affect what I'm working on...I can't do that with tabs

I WANT to see some of the content, even though I want to be able to read what I'm already on

a simple tap on the window that is full sized gets rid of the little window you opene entrely except for the tab on bottom, which is in the task bar and takes no real estate

I don't think I'll ever understand the tabs fetish

Last edited:

wow you are right about the middle click thing.
printed off the osnn frontpage too (1280) and it fitted!

Cleartype, disabling it should be in the options ... should have been a setting the first time you opened up IE.

Got it installed here at work now... WOW.

Right on thanks! (Are you saying that it asked me that when I first ran it after installation? If so, I must have missed that lol.)

So far, I'm impressed with it compared to previous betas that I disliked.
I've noticed that with certain links it still opens a totally new browser window instead of tab... is there an option for this as well or is this something insane like with FireFox where i have to install an extra addon?

Well unless its specified it will do its default behaviour, as I will now pretty much be dropping support for IE6 (or its ease of use at least) I will stop enforcing those here as people get used to 7 etc.

So far, I'm impressed with it compared to previous betas that I disliked.
I've noticed that with certain links it still opens a totally new browser window instead of tab... is there an option for this as well or is this something insane like with FireFox where i have to install an extra addon?

I believe that's in the way the page is coded..it's written to open in a new browser which I think pisses some users off

they call it "breakig the back button"

Last edited:

So far I like it, I wish they would add mouse gestures with it though ... I am looking forward to Maxthon2 to be finished. That with this is going to scream :)

The one thing I really wish they would add is a spell checker .... Iespell isn't working the way it should, as far as the right click options ..

theres some tab options in ... well tab options :) try playing with them

IE7 is the best thing to happen to Windows ever! I absolutely love it. The RTM build seems faster than previous releases (Windows Live loads even faster for me now).

Tabs are awesome. Feeds are awesome. I am awesome.

I've heard complaints about the ability to customize the toolbars; I personally feel that IE7 is laid out nicely and it doesn't need to be changed at all. I like the layout.

anyway to get the favorites panel permanent

I can't seem to do it

[edit]never mind, got it...have to hit the pin buton

Glad I could help Perris.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back