The official don’t buy T-mobile thread.

Ok I am such a dissatisfied customer my girlfriend just got a Razor V3 (pink) and wanted to do the new My Favs plan that they offer. Yet, they tell her that she has the wrong version of the Razor and that basically the only way she can do it is to pay them another 100 bucks and sign up for another 2 years. With this she gets EXACTLY the same functionality except it can do the My Favs…. It does nothing different other than that….

I called up and talked to a wonderful level 1 representative that agreed that this was ridicules (Thanks Natasha) and told her I would like to talk to a manager. After I got a manager he basically said the same thing. Your out of luck unless you pay the extra 100 bucks for the same phone. I stressed to him that on your TV ads there is no small print stating that not all razors work with this and that the ad even has a picture of the same looking phone my girl has. {that annoying pink one). Thanks a lot Reston (ID 06532020) you just lost two separate customers and I pray that you lose some more….

Submitted this on Digg to try to spread the word....

Last edited:
Will they not even give you a sim card for it? If not since the Razr and T-mobile are on GSM you can just get a free phone with them and take the sim card, and if your pink razr isnt sim unlocked (some other carrier) then you can get it unlocked for like 15 - 20 bucks online.

Will they not even give you a sim card for it? If not since the Razr and T-mobile are on GSM you can just get a free phone with them and take the sim card, and if your pink razr isnt sim unlocked (some other carrier) then you can get it unlocked for like 15 - 20 bucks online.

T-Mobile only option is to give them more money.

Digg this up please guys.

Just because T-mobile says so, does not mean you have to listen to them. There are other ways around this.

Erica has T-Mobile, no complaints from her.

As far as I stand, CINGULAR FTW!! :D

Yes go cingular!
Did y'all here that cingular is getting a new BlackBerry?
It will come in after Tmobiles new BlackBerry, My friend got it (Way before others) And the Tmobile one is sick! (The Pearl) So small, and nice and shiny. The Cingular one is code named the Viper i believe.

No complaints after 3+ years of T-Mobile usage. Your girlfriend should have known that you need a specific phone with myFaves capabilities to do it. If you bought the wrong one.. it is your ignorance that should suffer, not Tmobile.

I love how people will blindly purchase the wrong item then blame the carrier/mfg and demand a refund.

i thought it called the "blackjack" saw it on TV the other day. unless it a different one.
That is a Samsung offering. The BlackBerry Pearl is different.

what the hell is CINGULAR? :yowch:
A joint venture between Southern Bell Company (SBC; now AT&T) and BellSouth (soon to be purchased by AT&T).

No complaints after 3+ years of T-Mobile usage. Your girlfriend should have known that you need a specific phone with myFaves capabilities to do it. If you bought the wrong one.. it is your ignorance that should suffer, not Tmobile.

I love how people will blindly purchase the wrong item then blame the carrier/mfg and demand a refund.

Well, if what he says is true it is pretty shady that there is no fine print on the commercial.

It's an unfortunate situation, VenomXt, but you also have to look at the bigger picture. All US cell phone carriers are a bunch of idiots. All the hoops people have to go through to unlock phones, etc, to use with a different carrier is a pain in the butt.

The fact is, however, that each carrier has their own "unique" offerings to get customers to use their service. For T-Mobile they have the My Favs. Verizon has VCAST. I don't even pay attention to the others anymore. If you asked another carrier to do what you want T-Mobile to do then you are going to get the same exact type response because in the end it comes down to money. They want you buying their branded phones and not someone elses and their phones come with their own branded software, etc.

So, in the end, while I sympathize a lot with the situation it comes down to your girlfriend needing to have spent a little more time thinking before making her purchase to begin with. T-Mobile is the provider who is being the idiot this time but it could just as easily be any other provider.

rotjong

Last edited:
u cant really blame T-Mobile for it. even though i hate this damn company, weak ass signal. anyway where did your girlfriend buy the phone from? if she brought it from somewhere then it not the T-Mobile fault. because if you brought it from the company itself then that my fav functionbility will be there automatic. if you brought it from somewhere else then it your own fault. because each carrier have their own phone mods.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back