The Nightmare that has become XP

A

Amergin

Ok i need some help.
Over the last few weeks Xp has become a nightmare and i am not sure what to do. I have reformatted my Hard drive twice trying to slove all the problems.
Problem 1.
I boot up the os and get a lovely blue screen with BAD_CONFIG_SYSTEM_INFO. I am using windows xp home upgrade. SO i have to reboot. and as it reboots. on the slapsh screen teh computer decided to rebbot istself and i get an error.

Second error i get is every time i reboot or boot up i have to reinstall my display adapter. To get any thing better then 800 x 600 at 4 bit.

Can someone please help me? I am about to go nuts with this

For problem one my suggestion is getting your latest bios update flashed in and/or clear your cmos if you've dabbled in the black arts of bios tweaking and minimize your trips into that realm.

For problem two, make sure you have the latest XP drivers for your Video Adapter.

Lonman,

I will try the bios flash.
As for the vidoe adapter i have drivers from my card maker and the new ones from nvidia and i still have the problem. I will try to flash my bios and see what happens. Hopefully it will work.

The video card is a EVGA Genforce2 Mx 200.. Nothing fancy. It was not so terrible expensive. I had no problems until now with it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back