Do you care that the NHL didn't play?

• No

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

Petros

Thief IV
I'll bet this lockout brought ESPN ratings up, since nobody in the universe likes hockey and would prefer highlights come from sports that are more interesting. The NHL even bores the players.

Curling would be a better sport to watch. I think I speak for all the Earth and its inhabitants when I say this: you would be better entertained at a wine tasting.

Worst/Funniest/Saddest site on the internet. Look at the site to see a sorry state of affairs.

Last edited:
Hockey is one of the only sports I can sit down and watch on TV. I think it's a shame crap like football/basketball/ect all get top billing.

Although hockey's clutch and grab teams drag the pace down to a halt, I'd prefer to watch it over... baseball... *yawn*

I'm going to be biased here...

Hockey players have a passion for the sport that I just don't see from players in other major sports. In no other game will you see a guy put his face in front of a puck traveling at 100 miles per hour just to help his team out.

Basketball...what they make less than 50% of their shots anymore...Baseball...God, the most boring sport ever to watch (fun to play though). Football is exciting, but I really hate the stoppage time. Soccer and Rugby are both amazing to watch.

I don't care much for any spectator sport...I like to see highlights, but would rather play then watch

hockey is so great to watch...I think it is going to take a lot for it to come back from where it's at now. I hope the owners and the league officials sell it to those investors that want to buy the entire league for a lot of money. Maybe they can infuse some excitement into the league. The saddest part is the lack of thought and caring the fans have put into the absence of the league

I like watching all sports. Golf and Nascar or indy car racing are the only things I don't watch. I played baseball to a very high level so I love watching it. but I completely understand why people think it's boring. I get excited over every pitch only for the reason that I know every little thing that's going on.

Here's a fun and simple rebus puzzle:

images
images
images
- I O N
images

images

hockey is a great sport once you get involved in it. Much like soccer, once you know the rules you can't go wrong. If you have a team in your area (we have thrashers) and get to go to a game, you will never feel the same way about hockey.

It's not the end of the world cuz the NHL shuts down for a year. There's much more important stuff to be concerned with than whether a sports association cancels for a season or not.

Although I am a big fan of the game, playing it, watching it, coaching my kid's team, I am not concerned about what the NHL is doing. Besides, there is a lot more to watch at the junior level. Players with the same dedication to the sport as the elite. Besides, to me, a striking NHL is better than Basketball, or Baseball to watch. Boy, are those two sports boring.

Heeter

Not the end of the world unless the world ends.

No as for hockey I hope they work something out soon , its going to be tough for them now that they lost the ESPN but here in Canada we will be happy to see it back after all it is "our" National sport.

The Major Junior teams have been pretty exciting to watch.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Not the end of the world unless the world ends.

No as for hockey I hope they work something out soon , its going to be tough for them now that they lost the ESPN but here in Canada we will be happy to see it back after all it is "our" National sport.
Yeah I watch alot of games on the Canadian channel I got. :D Also have a channel that shows most every NJ/NY Islander game, and now have MSG I believe for the Ranger games. Who needs ESPN? :)

Hockey, Football, Nascar .. All other sports can go south for all I care. I think this lock out is going to hurt hockey. But, it is typical sports. Very few of the players are in it for the game anymore. They all want money. One thinks they deserve more than the other. I think it's rediculous how much they play the players.

Johnny said:
But, it is typical sports. Very few of the players are in it for the game anymore. They all want money. One thinks they deserve more than the other. I think it's rediculous how much they play the players.
In the case of hockey I think more are playing because they love them game then because they are going after a giant paycheck. Also I can understand why some might think they deserve more when basketball/football players are signing for what 1/2 (or all) the whole team would make in hockey.

Basketball has the only true guaranteed contracts, that means that when you sign the contract that team is responsible for paying you that money. Baseball has arbitration and to some extent guaranteed contracts, depending on who your agent is. In football, the only money these guys get is the signing bonus, as a team could cut them before a certain deadline and not have to pay them, For example look at the case of Ricky Williams, the Dolphins are suing him to regain their 8.5 million signing bonus, not the rest of the contract. Yes I miss hockey, as it is a much closer sport to football. Not caring about the NBA or baseball for that matter means this is pretty much the doldrums of my sporting season......

Lucky for me there is boxing! :yowch:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back