the new redfox (A690G-M2) very slow helpy

zandyrei

TinySoft
this is my new set..

RED FOX Model [A690G-M2] AM2

CHIPSET AMD 690G / SB600

FSB 1GHz Bandwidth

MEMORY 512 ddr2

VGA ATI Radeon X1250 Graphics(128mb onboard)

Processor AMD Sempron 3200

HD Seagate 80Gb

why is it so slow compared to my previous set (Gigabyte mobo, AMD sempron S754, 512mb ram, 40gb HD, geforce 6100 vga)

1. when i run any game.. the new redfox with AM2 is very slow...cant run the game smoothly compared to to my old S754 Pc...

2. when i transfer files from USB to PC and vice versa the new redfox tends to transfer files slower than my old S754 Pc....

is there any tweak or something like video card settings i need to do or upgrade a memory, upgrade a processor?
Games namely, devil may cry 3 special edition, NBA live 2007, Call of Duty...

Last edited:
I firmly believe it is the AMD/ATI chipset. I would look to replace it with an nforce or via chipset (do via even make decent AMD chipsets these days???) at your earliest viable opportunity.

I firmly believe it is the AMD/ATI chipset. I would look to replace it with an nforce or via chipset (do via even make decent AMD chipsets these days???) at your earliest viable opportunity.

This would likely explain the USB slow-downs.

The graphics discrepancy? It probably is the chipset also I guess :)

this means ill upgrade to PCI express video.....

Biostar promoted this thingy like "NEW NEW NEW" then its the AMD/ATI chipset making it slow...

this is a way turn off, my money wasted this is supposed to be NEW NEW NEW, yet they didnt have tests recomndations.. like "a limit of 1 gig memory then must share atleast 256mb for video..for best performance :(.. even if i disable or make graphic settings low, still its slow...

some1 makes a very slow PC...

these are the link to more info on my specs..very misleading: :(

http://www.asiantech.com/products.do?action=singleProduct&id=280

http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/mb/content.php?S_ID=291

Last edited:
I based my opinion on the fact that I'm using an ATI/AMD chipset at work and its as slow as treacle here too. Except we have Athlon 64 X2 3800's sitting in them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back