The "NEW " powertoys

D

DrX

For microsft to PULL the current version of the power toys is very suspicious to me ....

Why actually completely remove the current ones even if they are updating them ?

Was there a issue with the P/Toys that none of us know about ?

Well it messed up the Half-life engine for one

I agree it does seem a bit strange that they removed the actual download to the current ones ...

Maybe they are going to charge $$ for the next lot of toys ?

Security hole maybe ?

Wow, things must be getting really bad... Everyone of us has become a cynic.... LOL Especially when it envolves M$... What's really sad is that I agree completley it does seem a bit fishy for them to remove it altogather... Times like this I'm glad I still can always boot into Linux, M$ can not be trusted HE, HE, HE...

Yep, gotta agree with all of you..

The silence is ominous

IF there was a security breach, it must have been pretty bad to yank everything!

IF it was so they could charge, there are too many freebies and it is too easy to adjust the registry.

Hmmmmmmm:mad: :confused:

It is strange , if they were going to upgrade them , why not just leave the old ones available for Download ?

I am thinking there is a Security issue or something major . who knows though

Just glad we can still download them from here

So were all suspicious !

So does this stop or even put off everyone from using them !!...odd/strange/security breach....no people will keep using it due to it being a)good and b)free what about you all have you stopped ;-) ?.

I am sure that if there was a serious security issue with the existing powertoys then Microsoft would have asked us to remove them from this site.

I think they pulled them as you can login to a domain using XP home using them :)

Using TweakUI

Im not sure if it works with active directory services though.

:D

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back