The new Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW kills the Apple display

indyjones said:
Ahhhh but the dell display does not have firewire ports ;)
Yeah, ~$500 extra for two Firewire ports that the tower sitting under your desk probably already has.
tongue.gif

On a serious note now I want one but how can I justify it? hmmmm
If you can get the 25% off coupon code, it's worth it. For something like this, it's an amazing deal. If not, you'd be better off waiting - the prices are bound to go down.

UPDATE: Yet another code: $50 off $450 code WMP04MKN92KZ09 [Exp 11/25, 11:59pm CST, 1500 uses]. This is also stackable with the 25%.
So, $799 - 25% - $50 = $549. Goodness.

That's two 2005FPWs for the price of one Apple Display with some spare cash leftover (for a Firewire expansion card, maybe =P). Ridiculous.
rofl.gif

Heheh one small snag its not availble in the uk :'(
So I am royally stuffed here :(

indyjones said:
Heheh one small snag its not availble in the uk :'(
So I am royally stuffed here :(
Get a friend to buy it for you in the U.S. then
grin.gif

...although I'm not sure how much the shipping costs would be.

NetRyder said:
Get a friend to buy it for you in the U.S. then
grin.gif

...although I'm not sure how much the shipping costs would be.

Extortionate, and that's not to mention the import tax.

Can't say I like the design of the display, however I do have a free DVI port.... oooh.

SPeedY_B said:
Can't say I like the design of the display
I like the design - it's simple and professional...very business-like.
It would look a little odd paired with a PowerMac G4 tower though.
tongue.gif

im staying off dell monitors now...
had about 3 crts which treated me well... then i got a 1800fp 18" tft from dell
failed on me after 6 months and 2 days before a major hand in date for an assignment
good thing it was from my workplace which isnt too far away and i got a 19" ctx instead which is great

but having read on...
i bought a inspiron 9200 all topped up to the max few days ago
although the estimated delivery date seems to be changing every few hours.... i hope to have it next week :)

NetRyder said:
...It would look a little odd paired with a PowerMac G4 tower though.
tongue.gif
Sorta true, but the tower resides on the floor, I don't care what it looks like, it's there to crunch bits and bytes for me, not look pretty :p do have to stare at the display though :D

Ooh, 30% off. Only through the Dell Business section:
Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW 1680x1050 20.1" Wide LCD = $559 code K8DT8B0WQLBDT5 :D

Stop it!!! I'd have one of these by now if I was in the U.S. $559 is **** all! :(

My free DVI port shouts at me every time I read this thread :p :D

SPeedY_B said:
Stop it!!! I'd have one of these by now if I was in the U.S. $559 is **** all! :(

My free DVI port shouts at me every time I read this thread :p :D
Hahaha, sorry.
rofl.gif

Just for reference, $559 is roughly £290, and the 2005FPW costs £600+ in the UK :(

I'm happy wit my 2001FP, I I had the extra cash I would have gone for the 2005FPW, but my crt kinda forced the upgrade on me early :(

Well if I get this job in GA for Aflac I will be buying it, I desperately need a new monitor (as well as other pc things), but for $550 with coupons, you can't beat it.

To save any confusion, discussion of the Dell 2405FPW can be continued here, this thread is exclusively for talk about the 2005FPW

SPeedY_B said:
To save any confusion, discussion of the Dell 2405FPW can be continued here, this thread is exclusively for talk about the 2005FPW
Good call. Just did some splitting/merging magic. :D Seems fine now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back