The new Dell UltraSharp 2005FPW kills the Apple display

NetRyder said:
Good call. Just did some splitting/merging magic. :D Seems fine now.
Arf. I didn't do that originally because it screws up the new thread (due to being in date order etc.) Not to worry :)

THought you all might like to know this monitor is on sale on pricewatch for $578 with shipping! :D

uuh.... can anyone who has this measure the width of the entire monitor, from edge of plastic to edge of plastic? since i'm guessing the 20.1" is going from bottom left to top right. kinda thinkin about tryin to get one, but wanna know if it'd at least fit in my desk space before i do.

mlakrid said:
THought you all might like to know this monitor is on sale on pricewatch for $578 with shipping! :D
Actually, it's possible to get it even lower. ;)
$749 - automatic 25% off - $75 off $550 code JL6MK$330H9ZT4 [Exp 3/12, 5:59am, 2000 uses] = $487 shipped

and sorry if i sounded negative :(. I just know sometimes things arent what they seem. I know the disappointment first hand as im sure yall do when you get your hopes up on something and then it falls short of expectations.

In reality im sure its a great monitor, but with a more negative outlook firsthand.... only leaves things to be much better than expected.

So i guess i always expect the worst and hope for the best.

and you have to admit ..its fun bashing the 1 guy that doesnt easily agree with the rest.

just a question netryder, how do u get these codes?

themafia.69 said:
just a question netryder, how do u get these codes?
Some of them through emails, some of them through Google searches. :)

quick question NetRyder... cant you use that code from Dell after you order it? or do you HAVE to order it from Dell??

:D

Hmmm I dont get it... I could not find where in the world you are talking about NetRyder I looked for myself:
UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand $749.00 - $74.90 Limited Time Offer! Additional Discounts and Coupons
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Dell Home Customers: Get free ground (3-5 day) shipping on peripheral items over $59!-$14.00
spacer.gif
Expires Thursday, March 31, 2005
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Sub-total
spacer.gif
$674.10

Isn't the Dell site a tricky one where the same product can be listed in two different places for two different prices? I'm sure the coupons/discounts probably work the same.

You ROCK man... I need me a new monitor I will wait like 3 months the 24"s should be WAY down from their initial $1199... Man that thing is nice...
I just REALLY wish that the monitor makers would come to some sort of agreement and buck up to the plate to make a standard for measuring the darn response times.... I hate having to look to see if it was a grey to grey or black to white... so frustrating..

In 3 months, the price of the 2405FPW will be significantly lower than what it is today. That's just how the trend has always been. :)

Yup I know... thats why I said 3 months.. hehe and it helps ALOT that LCD production will triple this year if it keeps heading like this..

Is this display wall mountable? If so, you you reccomend a specific piece of hardware?

You mean to wall mount it? No there are plenty of vendors which supply their own version of wall mounts. Personally I would go with one that allows the most adjustment, as in to and away from the wall, and left to right, and tilt up and down...

After that it is only down to what you are going to pay vs the warranty and availability..

Ok......... i was just reading around in some reviews and stuff...... and some people say that it's awesome for gaming, since it offers a wider viewing angle..... and some say that it's not that great for gaming, because there's sometimes a ghosting effect and stuff. So, is it or is it not good for gaming? would it be a lot better graphic/picture quality compared to my current Samsung SyncMaster 175v 17" VGA LCD?

Significantly better - larger screen, higher resolution, better contrast ratio and brightness, better viewing angles, DVI (if your graphics card supports it), and a better response time - 12ms on the 2005FPW vs. 25ms on the 175v, which means little or no noticeable ghosting.

Thought you guys may enjoy this picture of my 2005fpw next to me i700m :lick:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back