the new AMD thoroughbred core

Sazar

Rest In Peace
to read indepth details about the core, details about the manufactuer, cooling, overclocking et al... AND performance graphs... check out this site...

www.anantech.com

this is the direct link to the AMD 2200xp thoroughbred :)

http://anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1635

enjoy lads... I am a BIG fan of AMD for what they have done and hope this is insightful for those who are interested in this kinda stuff...

:D

* bytes put sazaar in a bullet proof booth and then erects barriers and call in reinforcements for the expected riots *

1, 2, 3, 4 LETS START A FLAME WAR
PS...GOOOO AMD!!!!!! hehehe

Anyone remember that commercial where this guy gets this bloated system only to see a billboard with a higher end model of it as he's going home?

I ordered an Athlon XP 2100+ and I GET THIS NEWS!!!

haha that's some funny stuff.

yea
i noticed it doesn't......i thought it would
shouldn't it?
wat went wrong ? :mad:
but for the reveiws
they should put up the top of the line processors from each competitor and test them out
cuz its the latest n greatest
rite? :p
but...we'll c wat happens....
got 2 pentiums myself
buh gonna go for amd's started to like em :D
hopefully they become cooler too

Originally posted by catch23
You'll be able to overclock that 2100+ to faster than the 2200+...the 2200+ doesn't overclock easily.
They're probably overclocked already from AMD close to their max. That's probably why they're harder.

My 1800+ is at 1725mhz,,, With no errors on Prime95,,, and I'm still going up... One more mhz FSB and I'm at 2100+ levels...

They can keep the Thoughrobred for awhile...

Just wanted to brag :D...

how?

Hey guys how can you overclock the xp athlon easly do u need a bigger fan or what? and where do u think i can get a subzero cooling system so i can keep it at high speeds and about how much does it cost?:confused:

I'm a pent fan for now, since I have had no problems wiyh them. So what I read was a 2200xp is actually 1800ghz? Why don't they name them according to their ghz?

Zoey: it's for marketing.. Since the release of the AthlonXP series, AMD has used model numbers rather than MHz speeds to show consumers and the world that clock speed DOES NOT equal performance...as Intel is trying to show. The AthlonXP 2200+ was build to compete with the Intel P4 2.2ghz...same with the 1600+:1.6ghz ... the 1700+:1.7ghz ...etc.

I might also point out that every AthlonXP model number has out-performed it's Pentium 4 rival. (even though some people are still trying to compare things such as the AthlonXP 2100+ (1.73ghz) to a Pentium 4 2.5ghz and 2.6ghz)

that was my point. is there some kind of easy math to ifgure out the Ghz or does it vary. Pent makes it easy to talk about. With Pent 1600=1.6Ghz. If someone told me they have a 1600xp I assume they mean the same, because it's always been that way.I think they are falling behind so they uped the model # so it did'nt look so bad? I'm not trying to be an ass, just trying to see how this system helps the buyers out?

There is no method to figuring the actual clock speed of the Athlon XPs...but if you stay current with them, the press releases always reveal the clock speed.

The easiest way is to go to Newegg or someplace similar and look up the processor...

IF you talking about OC speed then it's simply Multiplier*FSB=Clock speed... Example... A 266mhz Athlon Really runs at 133mhz... Multiply that by 11.5 and you get 1.53g,,, A XP1800+...

Overclocked... 11.5*151fsb= 1737mhz

For cooling forget subzero... It way to much hassle... The board and CPU has to be prepped correctly or it STOPS working... Trust me :D... Watercooling is the way to go... Now I'm thinking of running a peltier with a way to turn down the wattage...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back