The Multi-Core/Multi-Processor Club

I'm now a Tri Core Multicore! I have two systems with dual core, and my main with a quad core.

Damn its hot in here..... *opens a window*

Last edited:
I'm now a Tri Core Multicore! I have two systems with dual core, and my main with a quad core.

Damn its hot in here..... *opens a window*

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know what you mean! With two Q6600s running @ 3.2GHz, a QX6700 @ 3.5GHz, and a Q6700 @ 3.6GHz I need an Arctic cold front to make it's way down. :yowch:

Last edited by a moderator:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know what you mean! With two Q6600s running @ 3.2GHz, a QX6700 @ 3.5GHz, and a Q6700 @ 3.6GHz I need an Arctic cold front to make it's way down. :yowch:

Tell me about it, I dont run the AC because its expensive and it can get to be 90+ in here. When It gets that hot I have trouble concentrating on my work.

I am using the Zalman 9700. I have it in 2 of my systems and I love them.

I have the arctic freezer pro, its a great cooler but unfortunatly it does not cool any of the system parts. Also I am not a huge fan of the push-pin mounting system. I haave a zalman 9500 in my htpc :)

I originally had mine on an AMD Opteron 185, and I still had to deal with the clip. That was a pain. Mounting on the LGA775 was a breeze after you install the motherboard bracket, you just screw it on.

That push pin system drives me round the bend. If anyone knows of decent intel coolers that don't use flimsy plastic push pings let me know :)

That push pin system drives me round the bend. If anyone knows of decent intel coolers that don't use flimsy plastic push pings let me know :)

Zalman 9700, Tuniq Tower 120, Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme

The Thermalright Ultra 90 is also a decent little toy to have if you have a case that's not very tall :)

I personally use the upper model Zalman 9700 in my Antec 182 case and I cannot hear my case when I am sitting next to it, even when gaming. Temperatures are more than manageable.

I have no more single cores in my house. Every machine I have is at least a dual core.

So here's the list:

NASBOX = Atom 330 (Dual Core)
Asus G2S-A1 = T7500 (Dual Core)
HP nx9420 = T7400 (Dual Core)
HTPC = Q6600 (Quad Core)
Gaming = Q6600 (Quad Core)

I have no more single cores in my house. Every machine I have is at least a dual core.

So here's the list:

NASBOX = Atom 330 (Dual Core)
Asus G2S-A1 = T7500 (Dual Core)
HP nx9420 = T7400 (Dual Core)
HTPC = Q6600 (Quad Core)
Gaming = Q6600 (Quad Core)
pretty hard to even get a single core computer anymore, gonna unstick this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back