The Multi-Core/Multi-Processor Club

Re: Dual Core Processor Club

Dual core Opteron 170 here.

Athlon X2's are very good CPU's , nothing wrong with them at all .

Noting but being godawful slow... I expected them to be faster than I have experianced. My 3500+ was faster when I used it as a desktop processor (its now running a windows 64bit server)

Running an Opteron 1.85 here, no issues whatsoever!!!

Doesn't HP use Intel-only CPUs in their systems? Anyhow, yeah, I find the HP systems slow as a snail at work... And I hate P4's. lol :p

Don't know about their desktop systems, but HP does sell AMD-based Servers

They sell AMD based desktops and laptops. They have for a while, however I believe they use Compaq for their AMD line...

Re: Multi-processor Club

Stuck it back.

Thought, what the hey :D

Took advantage of the price drop last weekend and took the plunge! E6600.

Welcome to the club Jeff. About time you posted.

ooh. thanx for whoever bumped this thread... i totally forgot to update my sig to include me X2 4200+ :p

I take credit for anything positive that happens on this site so feel free to offer me congratulations, money, various and sundry other objects and your first born.

Cheers :)

ooh. thanx for whoever bumped this thread... i totally forgot to update my sig to include me X2 4200+ :p

I just installed mine yesterday! Processor twinsies! Bump from four months ago.

May I be the first to welcome me into two years ago.

Don't know if I mentioned it before, but I am running on a MacBook Pro, with Core 2 Duo running at 2.33 Ghz.

I hate to say it, but I am robably going intel, for my next setup...I'm sorry AMD...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back