The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

themafia.69 said:
hey guys i tried searching but i couldnt find it in this thread cuz its so long, but no javascript links work for me in firefox i tried some things that were posted in neowin, but no luck anyone know how to fix this or has happend to them before?

Hasn't happened to me but there is a feature under

tools/options/web features/enable Javascript

you could see if enable Javascript is ticked there.

I've been using FF since it first came out and enjoy it from day. It was so much faster and better than IE in many ways especially with the ability to use Extensions to customize the browser how you wanted it. I use many extensions and always find that FF is faster than IE.

However, after the recent release of Mozilla v1.7.7 I decided to give it a try especially since I haven't used it in a while and that there are more extensions available for it also now.

I don't know what Mozilla has done but to me I am surfing sites much quicker than I do in FF. Is this possible or am I just seeing things?

sidefx said:
I don't know what Mozilla has done but to me I am surfing sites much quicker than I do in FF. Is this possible or am I just seeing things?
Yes, Mozilla (SeaMonkey) is faster then FF. ;)

Both mozilla and firefox use the same rendering engine, the only real difference between the two is mozilla is an email/news client and browser where is ff is a standalone browser. If one seems faster than the other, it is simply your imagination.

j79zlr said:
Both mozilla and firefox use the same rendering engine, the only real difference between the two is mozilla is an email/news client and browser where is ff is a standalone browser. If one seems faster than the other, it is simply your imagination.
Well 1.8 will be faster then FF as it uses a newer faster version of Gecko. Also FF is held back by the fact that it loads 2 instances of the core still. Also you can choose to not use (or not compile in) the extra stuff, some people just prefer the look and feel of SeaMonkey over FF.

*edit* - Mozilla 1.8 beats FF 1.0 in most all catagories here.

Last edited:
No big deal. It's worth mentioning here for those who might have missed it. :)

"Sanitize Deer Park"? Interesting wording.

picture76su.png

Does it break open into sub menus for say... "Cookies" and/or "Download History" sozz you can pick 'n choose?

Ooooh I see...

picture26rp.png

This is the root menu and the first one I posted is the sub. Yes/no?

Images courtesy of SPeedY_B

I really hope they get their act together and come up with a spiffy theme and some seriously nice icons.

Nice to see a bit more configuration available in the Privacy tab. :)

Yeah, that caught my eye also. Makes for more personalization. Plus I like the way they layed it out in a vertical manner. I think it looks much better.

Page rendering is noticeably faster in this build. Working nicely so far. :)

NetRyder said:
Page rendering is noticeably faster in this build. Working nicely so far. :)
Should be, it's using v1.8 of Gecko. :) Mozilla (SeaMonkey) has been faster for a while. :p

One problem I have encountered ATM on the work machine (haven't loaded at home yet) AKA "Da Test Rat" :p is that the "Personal Toolbar Folder" is not viewable. When I first installed Deer Park It was there. I then had to install the Flash Player/Shockwave Player plugin (I forget which one it was) cause I was at some site, blah blah blah... and when I restarted the browser, poof... it be gone. :(

I reinstalled it and it still be invisible. And I can not click on it anywhere to open any of the personal bookmarks I have there. If I go into bookmarks they are all there (It imported everything. And I do mean everything) including the personal toolbark folder.

So right now, I izz at a loss.

The Bookmarks Toolbar Folder, you mean? Works fine for me.
Did you install Deer Park over the 1.0.4 release version? If so, try installing it in a different folder. I actually used the ZIP file rather than the installer version, and unzipped the contents to a new folder.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back