The Mozilla/Firefox/Thunderbird discussion (Part 3)

You could also try reinstalling it over itself and see if it clears up. Or do what is on the link that American Zombie posted. But... carefully.

Well - tried everything on Zombies link (including advanced) and then tried installing Tbird 1.0 on top of itself. All no go - still get junk mail stuck in my inbox.... However the pulldown option to "Delete mail marked as junk" does work - so I guess I will just have to use that until this is fixed.

[EDIT] I just marked a mail as junk and it moved! Looks like it may have started working and I did not change anything explicitly - however waiting for my next junk mail to arrive vias inbox (could be a while) to conclusively prove. The one thing I DID do on this install was to send my first email - which meant entering the password for the SMTP server - no idea why that should make any difference though! [/EDIT]

SpellBound is a port of the spellchecker code and user interface from the Mozilla Suite's Composer that enables spell checking in web forms such as html textarea / input elements (html input password elements are not checked by SpellBound) and rich text form elements. This allows you to spell check forms (e.g. message board posts, blog entries, wysiwyg, etc.) before submitting them when using your Mozilla Firefox or Mozilla Suite browser.

http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/

Thanks,I found that after posting :rolleyes:
Installed it but it doesn't seem to show up anywhere,where is it supposed to be?

Isn't there :wow:

ignore above,must be a problem with hubby's pc.Just installed it on this one I'm on now and it works ok :up:

Spellbound doesn't work here. Boooooo. Am using a nightly though, imagine that would be the cause :)

Out of curiousity...

Just grabbed a nightly Thunderbird (nightly/latest trunk) built today, the version number is 0.6+, shouldn't they be making 1.0+ builds now?

Just checked here and they all say 1.0+ dated Dec. 27 2004.
If this is same area you were at then are you saying the file says 1.0+ but is 0.6+ after running it?

That's firefox..

I'm talking about ThunderBird.

thunderbirdnightly6vp.png

Oops...

File version says 0.6 but the product version says 1.8a6 if that means anything.

I am having a rough time of it here lately with Firefox 1.0. I had it set to open 3 tabs when it started...gmail, yahoo, and OSNN...but it got to where it would give an error message saying it had experienced an error and needed to shut down. Usually I could just let it shutdown and then restart it and everything was fine...but today at lunch it kept continually giving the error message. I uninstalled and reinstalled it and same thing. I uninstalled it...deleted the Mozilla folder in my user folder...and reinstalled it. The error problem has gone away but now its not letting me load some extensions from http://updates.mozilla.org saying they do not work with this version....only .8 to 1.0 and I am running 1.0. I am really missing my mouse gestures and stuff like that....anyone else run into this?

Looks like someone messed up with today's Fx-Mac nightly

Picture2.png

:dead: :p :D

Hi guys.

I've just started using Firefox instead of Opera and I'm mighty impressed. The one thing that I wish Firefox had that Opera has is the ability to store personal information for filling in webforms. Is there any such extension to Firefox that would allow such a thing?

Kind regards

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back