The Intel P4 Darkside.

N

NegativeFactor

I've decided to move from my usual AMD chips to a Pentium 4 for many different reasons, the main one being money is no longer such an issue. So I need a new Motherboard. Any suggestions on a Socket 478 Board? Obviously i'm looking for something from Asus/Epox/Gigabyte or similar.

Any links to site with motherboard comparisons would be great.

Thanks,

Pete

Get the Epox 4PEA like mine, it's a really good board and recommend it. Funny name but great board :)

Darn it, i've just realised that the Abit IT7 Max 2 doesn't have AGP 8x support and since my graphics card it 8x complient I would like a board that supports this feature.

I wouldnt worry too much about 8X AGP, its really mostly marketing hype. I know you bought an 8X AGP card so want to utilize it, but with a 128mb card it's not really used at all. I'd stick with the intel 845PE chipset, if you want 8X AGP you'll need to go to a SIS chipset....

Originally posted by NegativeFactor
I've decided to move from my usual AMD chips to a Pentium 4 for many different reasons, the main one being money is no longer such an issue. So I need a new Motherboard. Any suggestions on a Socket 478 Board? Obviously i'm looking for something from Asus/Epox/Gigabyte or similar.

Any links to site with motherboard comparisons would be great.

Thanks,

Pete

I've just got a Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra mobo... it's got loads of bits an pieces on it which i will probably never use (smart card device interfaces etc), but its been a solid mobo so far.

http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-8PE667 Ultra.htm

Re: Re: The Intel P4 Darkside.

Originally posted by jonifen
I've just got a Gigabyte GA-8PE667 Ultra mobo... it's got loads of bits an pieces on it which i will probably never use (smart card device interfaces etc), but its been a solid mobo so far.

http://tw.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_GA-8PE667 Ultra.htm

Yeah them boards are cool, actully I set one up around my mates house the other day. With the dual BIOS and the 2nd Power circuit that glows the cool blue colour.

My first thoughts were to get one of those but i've heard so many good things about the Abit IT7 Max 2 that i'm tempting to save myself a little cash and go for that. Also with Jumpy's added comments regard 8x AGP i'm really tempted now.

Re: Re: Re: The Intel P4 Darkside.

Originally posted by NegativeFactor
Yeah them boards are cool, actully I set one up around my mates house the other day. With the dual BIOS and the 2nd Power circuit that glows the cool blue colour.

My first thoughts were to get one of those but i've heard so many good things about the Abit IT7 Max 2 that i'm tempting to save myself a little cash and go for that. Also with Jumpy's added comments regard 8x AGP i'm really tempted now.

a mate of mine got the IT7 Max (not the Max 2 though) and had a few problems setting it up...

Just though you might all like to know that I finally went for the following board and processor:
  1. Intel Pentium 4 2.53Ghz (512KB Level 2 Cache/533Mhz System Bus)
  2. Gigabyte GA-SINXP1394(GA-8SQ800 Ultra2)
    [/list=1]
    Thanks for all the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back