The Inquirer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political Access
Something amusing just got mailed to me:

Do you think its ok just to lift our stories and post them verbatim on your site?
Do we work for you?
Would you be prepared to pay for second publishing rights for stories you steal?
Did you see this story: http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13974

Just a warning: you're next.

Paul Hales

I basically replied saying that I would love to be next, as I love free publicity. The fact is we have never used an Inquirer story without giving a source link at the bottom. So I don't know what is up his ass, but it's coming out of his mouth.

Paul (I would like to use his first name as the swear filter will block my other pet names) also goes on to say that neowin can't write for toffee. Not my opinion, but we write for free and I'm not a journalist, I am an enthusiast. I ****ing hate journalists.

w00t free publicity, they sue..................we get lots of coverage :D

My point?
I'm the RIAA and you're the story-sharer

> Array
>
> We are next for what? Free publicity? Whats your point?
>
> -------------------------------------
> The Electronic Punk
> NTFS Administrator
> http://www.ntfs.org
> All attachments have been scanned with Norton Antivirus 2004 Professional

no more free publicity for them. i wonder if he wants some cheese with that whine. :D

Yeah,
I, ahem, look at TheInquirer quite a lot, and they do seem to be getting a little bit arsey about their stories recently. I dont see the problem, i would never had known about theinquirer if the headlines of their stories werent used in other sites a visit.

Its free advertising for them.

TheBlueRaja said:
i would never had known about theinquirer if the headlines of their stories werent used in other sites a visit.

Its free advertising for them.
Exactly. ;)

Wow. How stuck up can you get. I wonder if they'll start targeting one-man blogs who happen to link an article and quote it.

It's not even like Mr Hales has put forward a decent complaint or argument, "you're next" ?? take it to the playground Paul, if you want to make a point, do it properly.

its our policy to always quote the source :)

as it is I find the inquirer is usually a few days late with most of its stories or picks up tidbits from tech forums... I have yet to see the Inq sit down and say "we are sorry we have copied verbatin word for word... letter for letter... the technical details about xx product that is yet to be released and we have refused to quote the source on xx forums since we believe we have a bigger pen0s and are the only ones who should get credit for whatever stories we post"

:cool:

btw eP... LEMME @ EM...

Well they unstuck the article in question for a start.
I wouldn't blame em if they completely ignored it ;p

Hilarious, some people are so full of themsevles.

EP, save the email until you're having a bad day then go back and read it again... should bring a smile to your face. What a joker. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back