The iHome?

Are the pics real or fake?

• Total voters

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
Some of you may know of the "sub $500 mac" that has been rumoured, well someone has decided to either be very sneaky and find it, or doctor up some shots in photshop. The pics in question are here:

What does everyone think? Real or fake?

Going with fake myself, because:
1. Since when did apple use the UK spelling of centre.
2. Just doesn't look right to me.
3. I seem to remember a very similar hoax involving the G5 iMac (Or was it something else? either way, it's been done before ;))

I'm going with "Undecided" but more on the fake side, not only for the reasons SPeedY said but also because a search on Apple.com brough up nothing :p and nothing came up aside from something on another Mac Forum, that wasn't the Offical Apple Forums :p

Oh, and if you look at the "iHome" and compare its design to other recent Apple products, you'll notice that its got sharp, boxed, pointy sides compared to the curved, sexah *lickable* edges of, for example, the iMac, iBook, iPod, Xserve... etc etc :lick:

Doctored.

First off, the Apple logo on the device itself looks to light up, as in it has the same color as the iBook's.

Apple would not put iHome in big letters underneath it's logo, it would leave it standalone.

Second, if the Apple logo were to light up, where do i put my Screen on top of the device? It was rumored to be like the Apple II where i could put my monitor on top of the box itself.

Third, why include the Apple logo and iHome that can light up, when most of the time the thing will get shoved underneath a desk, or put under a screen, where you can't see it anyways. Also it makes the entire thing more heavy, AND would mean they have to add some sort of backlighting, which would be expensive.

It's not photoshopped, shouldn't of put that in my post really :p

I know for a fact what it is, just curious what others think first :D

The ports on picture 4 don't seem to look very...real, or even inline. It could be just a poorly taken photo though.

Maybe it's a person with too much time on their hand? :D

Media Centre???

Centre??

not center??

onimkron said:
The ports on picture 4 don't seem to look very...
There's something else not right with that pic too ;p

Picture four has a piece of paper lying on top of whatever the main object is. The overall box looks like an iBook modded. But again the edges are to aggressive so in that case i would say the whole thing is made from cardboard?
Its definetly not real, that much is obvious. But im not entirely sure what the original object is or in what way these photos were indeed doctored

I'm kinda undecided, but in some screenshots.. it does look fake to me. :twisted:

Always cover your six and treble check, sometimes that is not enough.

I voted false :yowch:

Off-topic:

Just had a question in my mind, what is Apple iPhone?

~bk said:
Off-topic:

Just had a question in my mind, what is Apple iPhone?
A product that doesn't exist. Motorola have made a phone compatible with iTunes which sync's your music etc, but there's no phone made by Apple.

Fake, no doubt. Dave already mentioned the reasons in the first post.
How come all the fake shots are done in elevators? :p

SPeedY_B said:
know for a fact what it is, just curious what others think first :D
Looks like an external hard drive to me. :twisted:

Hmmmm.. that meant to be the power button on the front to the left.. because there's the same thing on the rear shot. Confusion. I vote fake anyways, just to follow the general trend

SPeedY_B said:
A product that doesn't exist. Motorola have made a phone compatible with iTunes which sync's your music etc, but there's no phone made by Apple.

So why was it included in Engadget Awards 2004 as Most Anticipated Gadget of 2005? So basically, these are just rumours at the moment or is it final that Motorola is making a phone compatible with iTunes?

Reports show that Motorolla are developing an Itunes compatible phone, however this doesnt mean it is to become a new mac product.

It honestly looks to me like a piece of polystyrene with some grey stick ons :lick: But ya know, the pics aren't the best quality and neither are my eyes atm

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back