The Hobbit

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I'm sure all of you who enjoyed the film adapataion of "Lord of the Rings" hope that "The Hobbit" will see the same treatment from Peter Jackson. Well, here's the story so far.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FILM RIGHTS WRANGLE MAY KILL OFF THE HOBBIT
By KATIE NICHOLL and MATT NIXON in London
05jan04

A WRANGLE over the film rights to The Hobbit could wreck plans for a prequel to the blockbusting Lord Of The Rings trilogy.

Oscar-winning director Peter Jackson is desperate to complete his masterpiece with one final film based on J.R.R. Tolkien's first book.

But the legalities over the film and distribution rights are threatening to derail the project – worth millions of dollars at the box office – and disappoint fans.

New Line Cinema, the company that made the Lord Of The Rings trilogy with Jackson at the helm, owns the movie rights to The Hobbit.

But the distribution rights governing the release of the film belong to United Artists, although New Line has first refusal on producing the movie.

Sir Ian McKellen, who plays wizard Gandalf in the trilogy, has revealed Jackson is trying to obtain the film rights.

"Peter wants to do it, and if he doesn't ask me I'll be very upset," McKellen said.

The New Zealand-born director had been undecided about making a film of The Hobbit, but has confirmed plans to do so.

"I'd be interested in doing it as it would give continuity to the overall chapter," he said.

The author's great-grandson, Royd Tolkien, 34, said yesterday: "I would love to see Peter Jackson make a film of The Hobbit.

"That would be the perfect ending."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's hope they get everything worked out and get this project going!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back