the greatest trilogy of all time

Which is the greatest trilogy of all time?

• Back to the Future

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • The Godfather

Votes: 2 4.4%
  • Indiana Jones

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • Lord of the Rings

Votes: 22 48.9%
  • Star Wars (Episodes IV-VI)

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • The Matrix

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters
Wow... some good choices there. I am in a tie with Star Wars and Indiana Jones. Not to take anything away from the others because they are all great trilogys. I guess Star Wars will edge out only by a little.
Star Wars was a great epic battle and has stood the test of time. I saw the original release back '77 and it was something no one has ever seen before. So original and such great effects for the time. Sadly the Return of The Jedi was a muppet movie. Which is why so many hard core followers had issues with the series. The Empire Strikes Back had the best ending though.
The list for me would be something like...

1 Star Wars (Episodes IV-VI)
2 Indiana Jones
3 Lord of the Rings
4 The Godfather
5 Back to the Future

It would have been a close run thing between Star Wars and BTTF, with BTTF probably just about winning. But now i have t say LOTR, I know its new and all but i just feel it has an overall cohesiveness that sets it apart

starwars... im taking into aspect the fact that starwars introduced a lot of new moving technology, great acting, and a great story. while lord of the rings was just great acting + great story.

hmmm... not that many would say it belongs in the list but it should be mentioned and that is the Matrix Trilogy

That should defintly be on the list! can't belive i forgot about them!!! OMG shot me now:)

uhm you missed the matrix trilogy. thats my favourite with lotr as a good second.

Star Wars, its hard to mess up a classic like that, though George Lucas is damn well trying with Special Editions and the previous Eps

Voted for the godfather, to stop me voting for the matrix (which was great - all of em!) to the 3rd part was more like an episode of the sopranos, which is also great, but out of place.

I voted for The Lord of the Rings, my favorite trilogy of all time !

Of course, I liked the others also, except for Matrix: didn't see episodes 2 & 3 and don't want to...

Star Wars was great, but I have lost a lot of interest in it with the last 2. So I voted LOTR. :)

I voted The Godfather....maybe would have been LOTR but I haven't seen all 3 yet

I'd have to the LOTOR Trilogy. I've just never had a better time watching any other movies.

my vote went to LotR although SW would have been 2nd if I could vote for a 2nd. I can't believe all that voted for matrix :p ... the 1st was great but I feel that 2/3 would have been MUCH better if they had dropped the neo/trinity stuff as it killed the series which had great potential. :(

was a big Star Wars fan, but I must say LOTR interests me much more.

Thanks for adding 'The Matrix' Khayman. I thought of it after posting the poll, but I couldn't figure out how to edit it. Can regular members even edit polls?

Anyhow, it was a tough decision even though I posted the poll myself. I decided to go with LotR, barely over Star Wars and The Godfather. The reason I chose it it above The Godfather was because The Godfather took a nosedive in the final film. Similarly to Star Wars, I think that LotR has raised the bar for what can be done through animation and the like. A major reason I chose LotR is because of the feat of adapting such a beloved series of books to film. Peter Jackson put himself in a situation where he could have disgraced Tolkien's work and angered millions of people. But he came through with an epic trilogy that was visually stunning, wonderfully acted, intense, funny, exciting, and emotional. In comparing the two trilogies, I don't find Star Wars to have the same depth and range of characteristics as LotR.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back