The fight for Legal

Tittles

Dabba Dooba
Political Access
More recently, November 28, 2006, lawmakers held a public hearing on a bill that would make Michigan the 12th state in the nation to legalize medicinal marijuana.
Governmental Operations Committee Chair Leon Drolet is doubtful the bill will make it out of the committee, “Next step is going to have to be citizen initiative because I don't believe that the legislature is going to address the issue."

Right now the bill (Michigan House Bill 5470) is still in the government operations committee. If the bill does not move forward during this session, the bills sponsor democratic representative Lamar Lemmons says he will re-introduce it in the next session when the democrats come into power.
The day before, November 28th, 2006, The Board of State Canvassers approved the form of a legislative petition proposed by an Eaton Rapids-based group backing a proposal to legalize the smoking and growing of marijuana for anyone over the age of 17.

The measure would make it legal for those 18 and older to use marijuana on private property. Those found using the drug in public would be guilty of a civil infraction punishable by a 50-dollar fine.

The measure also would allow people to grow marijuana at their residences.

Supporters of the measure must gather about 304-thousand valid petition signatures to get on the 2008 ballot.

Part of this was taken from here

I doubt this will get passed but in my eyes I don't see why not. In Ann Arbor if you get caught its like $25 fine for first time getting caught,$50 for second and $100 for third or more and they are all civil infractions.

Anybody else hear about this and is it happening anywhere else?

Edit: The title should be The Fight for legalizing marijuana

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back