The fastest SATA hard drive ever!

also helps if your running zfs ;) which you cant do on 32bit (well you can) but its not advised

Picked up a 150 GB model a few days ago.
Here is a single drive benchmark and it is pretty close to raid speeds.
Check out the CPU utilization.

Attachments

• VelociRaptor.jpg
    VelociRaptor.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 266
i always thought anything above 150 meg/sec was raid speed

Sexeh drive indeed - maybe I'll put that in the rig I build next summer :)

everyone that's considering getting one of these should check out the new ssd's that have been coming out.. wait better (even if only for OS and vital proggies)

Carpo: actually anything above 150 MB/s could basically be considered SATA 2.... since SATA 2's maximum bandwidth is 3Gb/s = 300MB/s

Here is one from two raptors Raid 0.

SSD is still too expensive although I have seem them in action when I was at Microsoft.

Attachments

• raptor.jpg
    raptor.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 260
that is pretty good

btw, i meant a small ssd (like 60gb) just for the vital stuff..

Yeah, a ssd is pretty sweet. I would like to have one of them myself. :)

i thought about getting one.... since like 32GB versions are getting kinda cheap-ish now (i say cheap-ish because you can't really say 32GB SSD for the price of 1TB HDD is "cheap").

Mb == Megabits
MB == Megabytes

Please, 800 Mb/sec is just 100 MB/sec. Read the article again, it specifically states 800 MB/sec. Now, that is more impressive.

I am not entirely sure what I would need such fast speeds for, at that speed the bottleneck becomes other parts of the system.

if i lived in the u.s., i would consider gettin one

they're not only super fast, but their access time is usually less than half a ms
and no need to defrag, hehe =]

its over 9000!! most PCs today well from what I see are 5000 or 7200... 10,000 :D nice

Wow, that's fast. But will it be THAT noticeable? I mean, will Windows actually be able to make use of its speed?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back