the dreaded blue screen

tibboh

Arte et Marte
hello - my daughters AMD came up with the following error last week. I managed to get the wee beastie running again after running a check disk, but the problem has returned.

(Blue Screen): "A problem has been detected and Windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to computer.

BAD_POOL_CALLER

If this is the first time youve seen this stop error, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps.
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manf for any windows updates you might need.
If problems continue, disable or remove any new installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or diaable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advance Startup Options, and then select safe mode

Tech Info:
STOP: ox000000C2 (0x0000007), 0x00000CD4, 0x00000000, 0xE15581B8

Any ideas, do you think the problem IS with XP?

Quote from microsoft

A Stop 0xC2 message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

Updated any drivers recently?

Also, there's a kb article @ http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310527

Have you upgraded from win2000?

further to blue screen

thanks for that jumpy & enjo

If it is a driver problem, the only thing i can think of is that a little whilst ago, she was given a web cam (unused), same as mine, but the CD sofware was pretty old compared to mine - could it be conflicting with XP?

I shall delete the little tinker and see if that resolves problem

again, many thanks

tibboh

faulty driver

Hi Enyo

worked out it had to be the last driver i instaled (which was for webcam). Could not delete from "safe mode" start up - so run HD for error check, which then allowed me to boot up normal - deleted suspect driver and hey presto, all seems rosy in the garden (until daughter No1 finds something else for me to do).

Regards

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back