The difference

[X]

Slayer[x] riding again...
Whats the difference between an intel centrino and a normal intel pentium processor?

When it comes to prices with laptops, a centrino 1.4 ghz has a small price difference with a pentium 4 2.4 ghz. They all have the same specs and stuff. :confused: :confused:

The Intel Centrino concept is a package designed for people who rather have a laptop with a good amount of battery power than a power-notebook with 1 GB of ram, 3 GHz proc etc etc. 3 things are different from normal laptops:
The Intel Pentium Centrino CPU's are clocked at a lower rate to preserve energy. To compensate that, they have double the L2 cache a normal Pentium4M has, 1 MB instead of 512 KB;
The Intel 855m mainboard can handle the available battery power more efficiently
An Intel Wireless card has been added to the laptop (infact it's mounted on the mainboard).

So if you need a good laptop for office use and/or internet and you need the extra hours of laptop fun, go for a Centrino.

without looking into it i think centrino is the pick of intel chips that can run at lower wattages to give a better battery life ?

yeah the centrino is more battery friendly and so better for laptops ;) a 1.7 centrino still has all the power you need for games etc, but will work cooler and for longer than a 3.06 battery sucking p4 :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back