The difference

[X]

Slayer[x] riding again...
Whats the difference between an intel centrino and a normal intel pentium processor?

When it comes to prices with laptops, a centrino 1.4 ghz has a small price difference with a pentium 4 2.4 ghz. They all have the same specs and stuff. :confused: :confused:

Glaanieboy

OSNN Veteran Addict
The Intel Centrino concept is a package designed for people who rather have a laptop with a good amount of battery power than a power-notebook with 1 GB of ram, 3 GHz proc etc etc. 3 things are different from normal laptops:
The Intel Pentium Centrino CPU's are clocked at a lower rate to preserve energy. To compensate that, they have double the L2 cache a normal Pentium4M has, 1 MB instead of 512 KB;
The Intel 855m mainboard can handle the available battery power more efficiently
An Intel Wireless card has been added to the laptop (infact it's mounted on the mainboard).

So if you need a good laptop for office use and/or internet and you need the extra hours of laptop fun, go for a Centrino.

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
without looking into it i think centrino is the pick of intel chips that can run at lower wattages to give a better battery life ?

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political User
yeah the centrino is more battery friendly and so better for laptops ;) a 1.7 centrino still has all the power you need for games etc, but will work cooler and for longer than a 3.06 battery sucking p4 :D

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut