"the devil came down to georgia"

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
you know what's been bothering me since I first heard the devil came down to georgia so many years ago?

it just came on yesterday and I was reminded;

the devil wins that contest not johnny, the devil plays a much more innovative solo with far more unique sequences and it all works with the song

johnny plays a standard riff, not especially well done to make up the lack of innovation

your thoughts?

I Think of it this way. All the fiddle parts were played by Charley Daniels, who is the best. So who cares which one was better.

I Think of it this way. All the fiddle parts were played by Charley Daniels, who is the best. So who cares which one was better.
good point but he played a far better part for the devil then fixed the contest so johnny would win even though he actually lost

seems like a contradiction of terms doesn't it

it seems to me johnny has lost his soul

Well it's kinda like the movie "Crossroads". Hard rocker guitar player playing for the devil puttin out some serious licks but when hit with a very complex contemporary piece goes belly up.

Yes the devil is playing a mean fiddle, but maybe it's not what everyone's ear in attendance is keen to at that moment, or, it's that they get soothed more by Johnny's fiddle. So the more standard yet still complex fiddle playing wins the day.

Oh the damn Devil looses, get over it! :p

Good analogy, Naads ..

Heh, anything ta rattle Perris Hilton... I mean Up Perriscope... errrr... oh you know, that guy that drive that extinct car.

Pontiac...? What's a Pontiac? :rolleyes:

*Runs*

Heh, anything ta rattle Perris Hilton... I mean Up Perriscope... errrr... oh you know, that guy that drive that extinct car.

Pontiac...? What's a Pontiac? :rolleyes:

*Runs*

That does lead me to a question: Since they are no longer making pontiac; is he going to get rid of his car? :lol:

That does lead me to a question: Since they are no longer making pontiac; is he going to get rid of his car? :lol:

Naaa, he will keep it, and park it next to his Yugo. :speechless:

*runs* :laugh:

the car was an instant classic when it was first made, now even more rare that it's been discontinued

when I autocross the thing I dominate everything in it's class, with the gm performance tune I do 0-60 in under 4 seconds, yet with all that power on the road I do 46 miles to the gallon

most enjoyable car I every bought, now that it's discontinued it draws even more crowds then when I first got it

If you enjoy it, Perris, is all that matter. That was funny, Naads lol..

the car was an instant classic when it was first made, now even more rare that it's been discontinued

when I autocross the thing I dominate everything in it's class, with the gm performance tune I do 0-60 in under 4 seconds, yet with all that power on the road I do 46 miles to the gallon

most enjoyable car I every bought, now that it's discontinued it draws even more crowds then when I first got it

Yeeeeeeah, that's what they said 'bout da Edsel. :rolleyes:

I mean, come on, think about it. Even in the Transformers movie, it was the "token" first Autobot victim. Damn, ripped in half,

in half! :speechless:

Ribbin perris, just like old times. ;)

eeer..... a) what Pontiac does Perris drive? and b) 46mpg? yeah right. only time i ever get that or more in my 3-cylinder Smart ForTwo is if i'm going on a flat road with my foot barely on the pedal.

eeer..... a) what Pontiac does Perris drive? and b) 46mpg? yeah right. only time i ever get that or more in my 3-cylinder Smart ForTwo is if i'm going on a flat road with my foot barely on the pedal.
perris drives a solstice gxp, the gas mileage has been a pleasant surprise and an added bonus, to be fair, I only do that well on long highway drives but every week I go to foxwoods, round trip is 300 miles and I average 44 mpg including stops for tolls, bridges, bathroom and food stops

that kind of efficiency in a sportscar that handles so good it needs to carry s coupla hundred pounds when it competes in it's own class

an amazing little car, not practical at all, it cannot be your only driver but what a toy

perris drives a solstice gxp, the gas mileage has been a pleasant surprise and an added bonus, to be fair, I only do that well on long highway drives but every week I go to foxwoods, round trip is 300 miles and I average 44 mpg including stops for tolls, bridges, bathroom and food stops

that kind of efficiency in a sportscar that handles so good it needs to carry s coupla hundred pounds when it competes in it's own class

an amazing little car, not practical at all, it cannot be your only driver but what a toy

I like the Saturn Sky, it is a shame they quit making that one also ...

eer... didn't Saturn stop making ALL cars? i.e. shut down?

perris: yes... it's my daily driver, and the only car i have right now that's up, running, and road-legal.

IMG_1021.jpg

Absolutely love the little thing. Fun as hell to drive.... might not have the top speed or acceleration of a sports car.... but seeing as it's still able to go 90mph, and practically has the handling of a sports car.... i freakin love it. While i did enjoy driving my parent's '01 Trans-Am back when gas was at it's record high's (put premium in the tank, but it still cost less to fill than my at-the-time '99 Dodge Durango and was able to get me further on less gas).... it's tough to say which i enjoy more. i think the main thing i like about the TA is that it's a 6-speed manual as opposed to the Smart's 5-speed automated manual. Can still shift the gears manually should i feel like it... but have no control over the clutch.

Is that dog trying to poop on the back of the car?! :eek:

eer... didn't Saturn stop making ALL cars? i.e. shut down?

perris: yes... it's my daily driver, and the only car i have right now that's up, running, and road-legal.

IMG_1021.jpg

Absolutely love the little thing. Fun as hell to drive.... might not have the top speed or acceleration of a sports car.... but seeing as it's still able to go 90mph, and practically has the handling of a sports car.... i freakin love it. While i did enjoy driving my parent's '01 Trans-Am back when gas was at it's record high's (put premium in the tank, but it still cost less to fill than my at-the-time '99 Dodge Durango and was able to get me further on less gas).... it's tough to say which i enjoy more. i think the main thing i like about the TA is that it's a 6-speed manual as opposed to the Smart's 5-speed automated manual. Can still shift the gears manually should i feel like it... but have no control over the clutch.
I love that car, it probably turns more heads then my car does

that's not a smart car?

They did quit making all Saturns, the sky was the only one I liked from them. I believe that is a smart car, they are cool little things ...

They did quit making all Saturns, the sky was the only one I liked from them. I believe that is a smart car, they are cool little things ...
if it's a "smart car" their is nothing wrong with driving a mercedes that's for sure

if I'm correct, "smart" is some kind of anacronym for mercedes and swatch, the two companies that partnered making the car

edit

did a google search, it's an anacronym for "swatch mercedes art"

Last edited:
if it's a "smart car" their is nothing wrong with driving a mercedes that's for sure

if I'm correct, "smart" is some kind of anacronym for mercedes and swatch, the two companies that partnered making the car

edit

did a google search, it's an anacronym for "swatch mercedes art"

Nothing wrong with Mercedes at all. They have some smart cars around here and they are pretty cool. Not bad price either - around 20,000.00 ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back