"The Darkness" (2004) Heard of it?

Petros

Thief IV
The Darkness (Anna Paquin; filmed in 2001, release pending) is a movie that I downloaded completely by accident. Usually, I delete these from my hard drive, full of wrath that I had been duped into thinking it was something else. But it gripped my attention fron the first ten seconds and wouldn't let go.

After watching it, I deem it the most terrifying movie I've seen. Ever.

It has the mess-with-your-psyche, disturbing qualities of "The Ring", but without any of the cheesiness that nearly spoiled that film. The characters are acted realistically and lifelike, which makes you worry for their well-being--putting yourself in their shoes that much more. The music, story, and effects have all been done before, but never with the surgical precision and sweat-inducing eye for detail cranked to such intimidating proportions.

Why have I never heard of this movie? And has anyone else here? Am I alone? There seems to be almost no information on it, and yet it has the production value of a major summer blockbuster. If you ever get a chance to see it, by any means possible, do so.

How do you download a movie by accident exactly?! ;)

Will take your advice and look out for this one...i've heard a few good things about it.

Teddy said:
How do you download a movie by accident exactly?! ;)
well might be possible if one was looking for songs by the band of the same name and didn't check file extentions? ... maybe? .. :p

To tell the truth (and I promise I'm not advocating warez here) I was after "Elf" ;)

Speaking of the band, bring back the hair bands! I want the 80s again!

Unwonted said:
To tell the truth (and I promise I'm not advocating warez here) I was after "Elf" ;)

Speaking of the band, bring back the hair bands! I want the 80s again!
Elf ? Ronnie James Dio's band in the 70's ? I have 3 lp of them, looking for the 4th one ;)

oh .. show is about an alien called "alf" that likes to eat cats :p

* Edit * - been so long I had forgot the correct spelling was w/ an "a" not a "e"

but then I remembered the movie "elf" ;)

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 88
  • elf-movie-poster.jpg
    elf-movie-poster.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 78
Unwonted said:
The Darkness (Anna Paquin; filmed in 2001, release pending) is a movie that I downloaded completely by accident.
*ahem* we dont "download" movies here ;)

Unwonted said:
It has the mess-with-your-psyche, disturbing qualities of "The Ring", but without any of the cheesiness that nearly spoiled that film.
"The Ring" or the proper version "Ring" along with "Ring 0" and "Ring 2" cause the proper versions really sorta screwed with my head

If you liked Ringu, then check out Ju-on (and Ju-on 2), uber-freaky filmage :D

if you accidentaly download, is that kind of like an accidental suicide?
"no really, I had the intention of killing myself, just not at this moment." :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back