The Da Vinci Code In Theaters Friday 5/19

lol...my wife said she fell asleep

Vanquished said:
Im sure i wont read it after i see the movie, most times the movie is better...
Like the perfect storm.

I would have to disagree.. most times the books are a lot better.. ie: see Harry potter and compare them with the books.. See bourne Identity and compare it to the book.. 99% of the time, the book will rock the socks off any movie version.

[posts merged - kcnychief]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with fitz. Books are way better. You can't crame an entire book into a two hour movie so a lot of the material gets cut out from the movie.

I've already read this is the case with The Da Vinci Code.

fitz said:
lol...my wife said she fell asleep

I almost did too, but that is because I may have been a bit tipsy for the first hour or so :p

Aside from the altered ending, it was true to the book, which is going to be an obvious downfall. When, like in the book, the whole "holy grail" situation described the film grinds to a halt, it should have been more of a voiceover with something happening imho.

Was good for what it was, but this is a book that should never have been made into a film.

fitz said:
I would have to disagree.. most times the books are a lot better.. ie: see Harry potter and compare them with the books.. See bourne Identity and compare it to the book.. 99% of the time, the book will rock the socks off any movie version.

I agree, books are mostly superior to the films, but not always. Sometimes a book is improved by cutting out the crap sections (i.e. The Godfather) or a fantastic soundtrack (About A Boy) etc. But I agree that on the whole, books are probably more often better than the movie.

I should be seeing the Da Vinci Code next week, so it remains to be seen whether I think that is better than the book. Judging from the reviews so far though, I doubt it :lick:

Comparing between books and movie.

Movie is more straight to the point with lots of missing details.
Added some scenes with thrilling actions.
The actress is quite pretty yah~.

Books is more enjoyable. 2+ hrs movie cant tell all.
Reading the books is more suspense and enjoyable. Making me to keep on reading.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back