The beaters of HL2

zeke_mo

(value not set)
Staff member
Political Access
i wish i didnt play so fast :(
Great game

Aww man...I'm just about to start. For more source action, try Vampire.

'Tis your fault for not breaking the game up into leisurely chunks :D

I am on chapter 8 with all the Antilions and so on right now, should have it completed in about another day or so methinks :D

I just started chapter nine today. I hope to finish it by morning.
:) It's a really awesome game but almost feels like it's too short.

Peewit said:
I just started chapter nine today. I hope to finish it by morning.
:) It's a really awesome game but almost feels like it's too short.

I thought it was short as well, but look back at what you have done, there is more than it seems

yeah I am on to chapter 10 now, some parts just seem to go by quickly

i play about 3 hours at a time, i've just gotten to the part where you have a pack of antlions following you around...i love it

finished about 5 minutes ago and wow it was amazing...did a lot traveled a far distance and lots of different gameplay...best pc game ever? Not to sure about that but it was one of the best I have ever played

I'm 20 minutes into the game. Haven't had time to put much time into it.

vern said:
I'm 20 minutes into the game. Haven't had time to put much time into it.
Nah, it doesn't require a whole lot of effort to beat. I think that's where Halo 2 might be a little superior since it's a real challenge to get through on Legendary playing by yourself.

i just got to "highway 17." i dunno what chapter that is though. wow. this game seems so short...i need more!!!

logisticprism said:
i just got to "highway 17." i dunno what chapter that is though. wow. this game seems so short...i need more!!!

Keep going. I was on Highway 17 about 3-4 hours ago.

I've just got to the 'Follow Freeman' chapter which basically appears to be
a Snipers alley that you have to get through to help Barney

finished it earlier today, just been playing the benefactory levels since then and making messes throwing combine troops around with the modded gravity gun :)

is it me or is the gravity gun a helluva lot more powerful now as well, its able to reach things a lot further away now

Yeah, the mod gravity gun rules, does seem to have further reach. Its great to pick people up by various limbs and swing them around lol :)

I Did It!!!

:D WooHoo :D Finished It.
It's rare for me to play a game to the end, but this one passed the grade ;)

What am I gonna do now? Go out in the evening, down to the pub, cinema, possibly go to the gym?

Nah! Start HL2 again on a harder level :D

There isn't much of a replay value to it. I tried, but after you figure out the puzzles and what not, it goes by way too fast, even on hard.

It was a great game first time through. Sucks there is no multiplayer, and no I do not consider CS:S to be a multiplayer for HL2. No matter how you look at it, its multiplayer for HL1, just a little "prettier".

As far as HL3: http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=29117&subsectionid=1589

Stuck on Follow Freeman

Seems to be people here who have finished HL2 - you may be able to help! I'm stuck on Follow Freeman. It's where Barney asks you to lob a couple of grenades to dispose of the snipers. I've killed everything I can find and he just sits there motionless. I have tried starting the level from the beginning as I thought the game itself was malfunctioning, but it made no difference. I can't find anyone shooting at all - I've killed all the snipers I can see. Am I missing something?

Anyone remember Max Payne 2? Same thing happened. It was a great game, widely awaited game. But beatable in one sitting easily. I beat it in under 8 hours the first time I played. One sitting, no bathroom breaks. lol

I'm holding off on HL2 to get the general response. Seems like it's a good game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back