The ban for assault weapons ends tonight at midnight!

PseudoKiller said:
I wasnt offended... just not surprised. Seems that when someone is in dissagreement with something in the USA it becomes a question of being an American and not just about whatever is mentioned. As if being an American is defined by the ability to own an assult weapon.

Very well said. :)

Those who desire to get a weapon will and can get one, regardless if the weapon is legal. Same with drugs, I was listening to the radio just a few minutes ago and the statistic of 30% of all V is obtained illegally.

If owning a gun is made illegal then only those who disregard the law will own one. If I carry around a 9mm in plain site what is the chance that i will get mugged, as opposed to the anti-gun nut following me? Want better gun control? Use both hands.

How many crimes would be prevented if the average little old lady was carrying around a pistol?
"Now listen here young whippersnapper, this here .45 soft nose, hollow point can and will tear you a new one, now put the knife down like a good little boy"

LMFAO

Steevo said:
Those who desire to get a weapon will and can get one, regardless if the weapon is legal. Same with drugs, I was listening to the radio just a few minutes ago and the statistic of 30% of all V is obtained illegally.

If owning a gun is made illegal then only those who disregard the law will own one. If I carry around a 9mm in plain site what is the chance that i will get mugged, as opposed to the anti-gun nut following me? Want better gun control? Use both hands.

How many crimes would be prevented if the average little old lady was carrying around a pistol?
"Now listen here young whippersnapper, this here .45 soft nose, hollow point can and will tear you a new one, now put the knife down like a good little boy"

LMFAO
I know a couple of people who carried a hand with them ... As long as they aren't loaded you can have on you in any fashion you seem fit. You still need a permit though. It's always been like that ..

You can carry it with you can't have it loaded. What are you going to do when some one tries to mug you with one that is loaded ? tell them to wait a sec so you can load yours ? Then if you think about it that is kinda a good law to have where you can't carry a loaded weapon. Some people are accident proned. so they could shoot themselves or someone else ..

Yep. and what does Bush say about it? "If congress had signed a bill banning the guns again, i would have passed it."

...... like he couldn't have told them to remake it? .....how exactly is he helping to protect the US again? someone remind me.

on a side note: wonder how many votes Bush is gonna lose now. GO KERRY GO!!!11!

on another side note: Johnny, MPAA sux too (referring to your sig)

End the ban

Being a gun enthusiast, and a militaria collector (1942 Willys jeep, Massive WW2 memorabilia along with weapons from the time) I am glad the ban is being dropped but living in California we still have a few more years till we can buy and assault weapon. Granted I could drive over to Arizona to buy one. I would love to mount a 50cal machine gun to my jeep just to take it out to the desert and shoot at nothing.

I do hunt granted I don’t hunt with a full auto assault weapons I prefer a single shot bolt action rifle. I am not nuts. I've been an NRA member for 10 years, and this organization is mostly about education, competition and having respect for firearms. Maybe my son or daughter when I have one won't want a gun when he's older. That's okay. As long as he or she knows how to use one.

The NRA is quite happy about it not being extended as am I. I am not a criminal but I like to go out and play (for lack of a better word). Criminals don’t care what kind of gun they have they don’t even get them threw legal channels. If you were to ban all weapons the law abiding public would have no weapons and criminals would be armed to the teeth.

I thought the NRA would be happy Marlboroman, I am big supporter of them. And Elementaldragon I agree the MPAA sux also ..

my brother is a part of an organization in ohio that recently got a law passed in ohio for the right to carry a concealed weapon and the way things get done are not just oh the law is passed (just like in the automatic weapon ban) and then you go and get your gun and start shooting...you have to get permits to buy the gun and then in the ohio's law case you have to take intensive training to get the permit to carry a concealed weapon...most of the people that do buy and have guns are usually the most law abiding citizens that go through the right process to buy guns and if you are not law abiding you don't get one...

as for criminals they will get whatever they want however they want...doesn't matter if there is a law banning them or not

NRA RECOGNIZES OHIOANS FOR CONCEALED CARRY, ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Each year, NRA-ILA acknowledges the outstanding efforts in defense of
our freedom of a select group of individuals and an organization. The
NRA-ILA volunteer award winners for the year 2003 are:

NRA-ILA Volunteer Organization of the Year Award: Ohioans for Concealed
Carry (Ohio).

Ohioans for Concealed Carry (OFCC) were instrumental in the passage of
the state`s historic Right-to-Carry law, through its formation of a
coalition of groups, businesses, and organizations (including NRA) that
supported Right-to-Carry. The organization also fought in the courts, as
a plaintiff in a lawsuit that ultimately led the Ohio Supreme Court to
declare "open carry" a fundamental right. Additionally, OFCC organized
"Defense Walks" in support of Right-to-Carry including the Tony Gordon
Memorial "Defense Walk" dedicated to Tony Gordon who was killed in
August 2003 in an attempted car-jacking, while his 13-year-old nephew
was in the car. OFCC established a memorial fund for his nephew and
two-year-old daughter. If you wish to make a donation to the Tony Gordon
Memorial Fund, checks should be made out to "Phyllis Jean Gordon,
Dayton, Ohio" and may be deposited at any Bank One location, or mailed
to: Bank One, 260 East Dayton-Yellow Springs Road, Dayton, OH, 45324. To
donate online, visit www.ohioccw.org and click on Tony`s picture.

We know you all join us in congratulating...Ohioans for Concealed Carry
for their tireless defense of the Second Amendment. Congratulations to all!

I grew up with gun's and was taught all about gun safety from a young age.
A gun in my hands is just a gun.
A gun in a morons hands is a lethal weapon

don't know why i'm saying this one, but Marge, in a moron's hand a gun could also be a pain killer or a means of amputating a limb.

Tuffgong4 said:
my brother is a part of an organization in ohio that recently got a law passed in ohio for the right to carry a concealed weapon and the way things get done are not just oh the law is passed (just like in the automatic weapon ban) and then you go and get your gun and start shooting...you have to get permits to buy the gun and then in the ohio's law case you have to take intensive training to get the permit to carry a concealed weapon...most of the people that do buy and have guns are usually the most law abiding citizens that go through the right process to buy guns and if you are not law abiding you don't get one...

as for criminals they will get whatever they want however they want...doesn't matter if there is a law banning them or not

NRA RECOGNIZES OHIOANS FOR CONCEALED CARRY, ORGANIZATION OF THE YEAR!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Each year, NRA-ILA acknowledges the outstanding efforts in defense of
our freedom of a select group of individuals and an organization. The
NRA-ILA volunteer award winners for the year 2003 are:

NRA-ILA Volunteer Organization of the Year Award: Ohioans for Concealed
Carry (Ohio).

Ohioans for Concealed Carry (OFCC) were instrumental in the passage of
the state`s historic Right-to-Carry law, through its formation of a
coalition of groups, businesses, and organizations (including NRA) that
supported Right-to-Carry. The organization also fought in the courts, as
a plaintiff in a lawsuit that ultimately led the Ohio Supreme Court to
declare "open carry" a fundamental right. Additionally, OFCC organized
"Defense Walks" in support of Right-to-Carry including the Tony Gordon
Memorial "Defense Walk" dedicated to Tony Gordon who was killed in
August 2003 in an attempted car-jacking, while his 13-year-old nephew
was in the car. OFCC established a memorial fund for his nephew and
two-year-old daughter. If you wish to make a donation to the Tony Gordon
Memorial Fund, checks should be made out to "Phyllis Jean Gordon,
Dayton, Ohio" and may be deposited at any Bank One location, or mailed
to: Bank One, 260 East Dayton-Yellow Springs Road, Dayton, OH, 45324. To
donate online, visit www.ohioccw.org and click on Tony`s picture.

We know you all join us in congratulating...Ohioans for Concealed Carry
for their tireless defense of the Second Amendment. Congratulations to all!
Awesome! I firmly believe that crime will go down if criminals aren't sure if their intended victims will shoot back. I also firmly believe in proper education in handling firearms, you shouldn't own one if you don't know how to properly handle it...we don't allow people to drive cars without a license. Sounds like a win-win situation there.

Hey Marge, very impressive! Wanna go to the range sometime? ;)

ElementalD...you're absolutely right. No arguing that point.

Johnny said:
I know a couple of people who carried a hand with them ... As long as they aren't loaded you can have on you in any fashion you seem fit. You still need a permit though. It's always been like that ..

You can carry it with you can't have it loaded. What are you going to do when some one tries to mug you with one that is loaded ? tell them to wait a sec so you can load yours ? Then if you think about it that is kinda a good law to have where you can't carry a loaded weapon. Some people are accident proned. so they could shoot themselves or someone else ..
http://www.pagosasun.com/aug0901.htm

ThePatriot said:
Hey Marge, very impressive! Wanna go to the range sometime? ;)
haha I said I grew up with guns'I never said I was a good shot.I miss more than I hit :D

ThePatriot said:
Awesome! I firmly believe that crime will go down if criminals aren't sure if their intended victims will shoot back.
To play devil's advocate ... maybe more criminals will start carrying guns (instead of something else) in case they have to shoot back. ;)

One on one, if both have guns????

Unleashed said:
Lucky sods, not allowed any form of automatic weapon here in England :(
Was nice living in SA, and having a dad in the army...

I just drove past some dutch guys who were aiming at me with RPGs
Very not cool.

Electronic Punk said:
I just drove past some dutch guys who were aiming at me with RPGs
Very not cool.
I would say move to the USA... no one here walks around on the street with RPG's let alone the dutch having the access to such weapons. Pfft and ppl talk about the USA and automatic weapons.

Xie said:
To play devil's advocate ... maybe more criminals will start carrying guns (instead of something else) in case they have to shoot back. ;)
Yes, I guess that's possible. Still evens up the score tho. :D

PseudoKiller said:
I would say move to the USA... no one here walks around on the street with RPG's let alone the dutch having the access to such weapons. Pfft and ppl talk about the USA and automatic weapons.
i always thought the Dutch weren't allowed around anything more dangerous than a pillow? :p

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back