the audio problems continue

WELP, looks like I wil be updating the bios. what is a step that you could do that would screw everything up??

Dunno, never had to upgrade a HPT bios before. Just look over the directions and make sure you understand them. Print them out if you have to. Basically, cutting the power during the upgrade, or having a floppy with corrupted info could do it just like that.

I'm not aware of any other problems you could encounter, other than not following directions to the letter!

Updating the BIOS is something I would like to try as it seems to have helped others. I have gone to the American Megatrends site and the eMachines site but haven't had any luck. Or can I at least alter the settings? The change in hardward acceleration only helped a bit but the problem is definitely still there.

How do I determine which BIOS utility to download. I have AMBIOS 586. What about flashing the BIOS, what purpose would that serve?

Found some more info on my system:

eMachines 400 i3:

Florida-TG/TGA Micro ATX (ATX V1.2 form factor) motherboard, TriGem, Korea Intel Socket-370 (370pin PPGA Socket) for Intel Celeron CPUs Intel 440LX core and ITE8673 Super I/O controller

ATI Rage Pro Turbo built-in AGP graphics accelerator with 4MB SGRAM

Crystal CS4280/CS4281 built-in Sound Blaster Pro, MPC-3, MPU-401 compatible Audio Enhanced Stereo full duplex operation

Vision,

I'll see what I can do.

The HPT controller drivers and BIOS must be the same for the best performance. In order to do this you must flash your system BIOS with a modded BIOS. A modded BIOS isn't bad, it's just modded by replacing the old HPT BIOS with a new version this BIOS.

Check out http://www.biosmods.com/

Try their forums too. Biosmods is geared mainly towards HPT Bioses and such. I don't know if they can help you or what. If they don't have a modded BIOS for your motherboard, you can probably ask someone to make you one or teach you how to do it.

As far as the IRQ sharing......Don't worry about it. XP is geared for IRQ sharing. All my major hardware shares IRQ 3 (see attachment)

See if the modded BIOS helps any.

yet more system info:

Specifications of eTower® 400i3

Intel® Celeron™ 400MHz (w/128KB L2 Cache) PPGA CPU
256 MB SyncDRAM
2 USB Ports (1 is on Front)
1 Serial / 1 Parallel / 3 Expansion Slot
Audio In & Out / Game Port on Front
Internet Ready
Microsoft® Windows®XP
Microsoft Office 2000
ATI Rage Pro Turbo 2X AGP with 4MB SGRAM
Crystal CS4281 3D PCI Audio
50x Max. CD-ROM Drive
20GB HDD
3.5" 1.44MB FDD
Com21 cable modem
PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse
Stereo Speakers

no, the briefcase yahoo link u put down, for the drivers

Originally posted by vizionblind
no, the briefcase yahoo link u put down, for the drivers

yes it does.....it should open a new window, then click on SB Live Drivers and then it will download.

georgejr,

Here's a guide to help you identify your motherboard:

http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/how-to-guides/910_1.html

Unfortunately, Emachine (the company) doesn't look like they provide very good driver support on the systems they sell, at least on their web site. You can try to track down your motherboard's manufacturer to see if there's a bios update available through them, or email Emachine with your system model number to see if there's one available. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back