The 50 Greatest Gadgets of the Past 50 Years

MITS Altair 8800 (1975)
should have been #1.

Nice list though - too many handhelds, cells - and Aibo? cmon.. ;)

HOW can they have the trash-80 and the commodore 64 and NOT have any of the atari computer systems??

THATS MADNESS!!

BOYCOTT!!

It is scary to see your first phone on there. As well as other things. Some are questionabe though.

REX PC ? WTF???
Zip drives..... one word. Eww.
Disk on a key? Floppies still aren't dead. Unfortunately.

way too many cell phones. they needed to mix it up a bit more. other than that, pretty interesting find.

As long as the Razr is on there. Def. one of the top 50.

7. Atari Video Computer System (1977)
Later known as the Atari 2600, the VCS brought video games out of the arcade and into America's living rooms. It was a snap to set up: Just plug the clunky-looking box into your TV set and grab the joystick. The Atari 2600 was the first successful console to use game cartridges, which allowed consumers to play multiple games on the same system and created a huge market for crude-looking but addictive titles such as Space Invaders and Pac Man. The Atari's games may not have looked much like Grand Theft Auto, but its influence can be felt in today's Xboxes, PlayStations, and GameCubes. AtariAge has more details. Pong, anyone? PCW photo by Rick Rizner; Atari VCS courtesy of Mike Mika.

Bootsy said:
7. Atari Video Computer System (1977)
Later known as the Atari 2600, the VCS brought video games out of the arcade and into America's living rooms. It was a snap to set up: Just plug the clunky-looking box into your TV set and grab the joystick. The Atari 2600 was the first successful console to use game cartridges, which allowed consumers to play multiple games on the same system and created a huge market for crude-looking but addictive titles such as Space Invaders and Pac Man. The Atari's games may not have looked much like Grand Theft Auto, but its influence can be felt in today's Xboxes, PlayStations, and GameCubes. AtariAge has more details. Pong, anyone? PCW photo by Rick Rizner; Atari VCS courtesy of Mike Mika.

thats wasnt a computer, it was just the console game... they can call it a PC if they like, but it was just a console... I mean like an atari 800 or 800XL

I had BOTH!

IM STIL BOYCOTTING DARN IT!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back