That was damn close

W

waddy

OMG !!!

VBulletin corrupted a ton of tables in the Databse today ....... nearly lost the lot ......

The damn backup script i was using was backing up and old database i had lying around , so basically we had no backup ... and i backup everyday :(

All should be ok now

I tell you i was kinda worried , learnt more about mySQL in a few hours than i have in years :)

hehehehe

AndyP

OSNN Senior Addict
Good that everything turned out well at last!!!

Some of my friends got a kind of strange virus today (that's what we assume it is, since all 3 of them got the same error).
When they restarted XP (normally) and the machine was trying to boot up, they got an error saying that a file in Windows/system32/config was corrupted! Tried everything (safe mode, rescue, last good known etc. but nothing could be done. All three got the excatly same error on the same day and they were all running NAV 2002.
The solution was sadly enough a new clean install.

Makes you think that you are never secure enough if you don't have a proper backup of everything!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.
Terrahertz wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Yo fellas!
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Where are you buddy?
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey EP! All good with me, applying for Microsoft MVP right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by coming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier!
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
EP, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EmilyFox