That annoying >2GB bug (vista 64 sp1)

LordOfLA

Godlike!
So I installed the new powersupply today, turned it on and get the vista >2GB bug (0x0000007e). Should this still be happening with SP1 installed? Seems to only do it when the PC is cold.

Any other hotfixes I can try and install?

941021 appears to have worked. now I have a hard disk making suspicious noises :(

could be related to your bios? maybe switching to default settings on the bios if it has not been tweaked. and see if the HD is still making the noise.

Maybe switching out the HD with a different one to verify if it is not faulty?

:suprised:

I'll have a proper look at it when I finish work. Didn't really want to have to replace hard disks as well as the other spending I just did..

Edit: hmm don't actually need too.. sound is getting progressively worse...

Edit 2: this is irritating. It's intermittant. Short disk tests come back fine.

Last edited:
try long smart tests, or try tighten the fixings, that was an issue i had with a noisy drive once - lose screw

Left it zero filling. windows was doing strange things too.

Shall see how it fairs during a vista reload.

well strangely enough it zero filled without fuss, installed windows without fuss and is now doing windows update without fuss.

I think it was just jealous of the attention paid to more glamourous parts of the computer :D

I'll certainly be keeping an eye on it though :)

chkdsk x: /r /f - see what that gives you - or if its sys drive chkdsk x: /r /p (from recovery disc)

zero fill does the same :D seatools reported no errors during the zero fill.

hopefully, the drive was just having indigestion. :) and the hotfix did the trick

maybe it had wind, did one big fart, and everything is ok now :D

checked all the screws, one had come out. Tightened them all up again now :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back