testing

S

suty.455

ok bear with me i am a newbie at this, my old pc wasnt worth testing but my new one is what i want to know is how do i test it, where can i get a prog that will test it and what exactly am i looking for when i do test it, i have tried sisoft 2002 and dacris benchmark but they both spoke in strange tongues and frankly made my system behave a little weirdly even when they wernt being used, how about one of you tecchie types going in depth a bit to explain some of what i am looking for

spec
amd 1700+
256 2100 ddr
gf 2 400mx (i might be wrong but someone told me my particular card was fitted with ddr) 64mb
40 gb 7200 hdd
5.1 creative
dvd rw
cdr rw
tape and a floppy

and can someone give me an indication of what kind of perform i can expect, i have no idea about the motherboard apart from the fact it is based on via chipsets but i do know it has a 266fsb
as i said i am a newbie so be kind and laymans terms please

Not sure I got what you meant, but if its laymans terms I'd say the performace should be good, bordering on very good but not outstanding compared to any new computer.

try 3dmark2001 se or pcmark

you can get them from madonion.com

another benchmark site is www.pcpitstop.com give it a try.
btw ive built a grand total of 4 pc's so far and still considered my
self a newbie,but we all have to start somewhere and this is a good place to begin!

thanks for the tips if anyone is interested i tried the pc testsite recommended by Da Rock and got an overall score of 929 if anyone else uses the site could you post results so that we can compare cheers

theres also a prog called si soft sandra pro that gives ya loadsa info bout wot ya pc can do :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back