testing hard drives

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all,

I would like to know if there is something out there that I can test the health of my two 320gig seagates.

I downloaded their seatools iso from their site, and burned up a cd, but sadly realized during the process that seatools requires PS2 mouse/keyboard. I tried my little usb2ps2 connectors and it wouldn't work.

I would need something to boot from cd like memtest86 because I have no OS's on the HD's and I am building a new Linux workstation for myself.

Thanks

Heeter

strange - I can use seatools for dos with my usb keyboard and mouse... get a hold of hirens boot cd and use the tools on that :)

Great thanks for the recommendation.

I have heard of Hirens boot cd, but never had a chance to try it.

Heeter

I use USB mouse/keyboard (through a KVM even) and "SeaTools for Windows" works just fine (don't have to leave Windows). I've also used the CD version with USB mouse/kb and it worked fine.

The Ultimate Boot CD is good too, it contains all the various tools on the CD and I have never had issues running any of the tools using a USB keyboard!

Maybe it is just this M2A-VM Asus board that I have.

Heeter

check in the bios, i had to turn on usb for dos on one board i had windows it was fine

Some older boards do not support USB in dos unless you load the driver.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back