Test your system security!

Tabula Rasa

Stranger Than Kindness
Political Access
.I don't know if this sites where linked on this forum, and sens i'm to lazy to look I'll post this anyway ;)

I have found some nice sites that will test your security and in case it is loose will tell you how to tighten it up.

The first one is ShieldsUp! , it gives you the option to Test your shields and Probe your ports ( sounds dirty doesn't it :D )

The second one is hackerwhacker.com , it promises you to " See your computer the way hackers do " , but it requires registration, and when i tired to run a test it asked for my Email and written "You will get an E-Mail telling you where to go" So i got scared and ran away.

And the last one (And the coolest one) is Symantec Security Check , it gives you an option to scan for "security risks" , viruses and to "Trace a Potential Attack" , I never tested this site, so let me know if its any good.

Enjoy ;)

I did the shields up yesterday using xp's firewall. All is stealth my end. :)

Thats cool Hipster, i actually had one port open, but i closed it already.

I tried ShieldsUp yesterday on my pc at home and I was in stealth mode. Also tried it on the corporate lan, stealth for that also. It is good to know you are somewhat secure.

I have been using ShieldsUp to test my security on my and other peoples systems for over 12 months now and find it a good way to make sure your system is secure.

I have used the Symantec Security Check a couple of times, it seemed to do a good job, but one time it said that my system was not secure and that I should use Symantec's firewall program. I use a router with an inbuilt firewall.

That was directly after I had done a test with ShieldsUp that said it was in stealth mode...

Woo hoo! Windows XP running only NAV:

Attempting connection to your computer. . .
Shields UP! is now attempting to contact the Hidden Internet Server within your PC. It is likely that no one has told you that your own personal computer may now be functioning as an Internet Server with neither your knowledge nor your permission. And that it may be serving up all or many of your personal files for reading, writing, modification and even deletion by anyone, anywhere, on the Internet!

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!
One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.
All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

Firewall: 2Wire HomePortal. :D

SUPER STEALTH MODE, im using free zonealarm.

and i appear not to exist, YAY for freeware!

i'm pretty safe here. although if i dmz my computer most of the stuff is open. with out dmz i get the plug and play and rpc ports open only :) i'm not too worried about being DMZed

Shields UP! is now attempting to contact the Hidden Internet Server within your PC. It is likely that no one has told you that your own personal computer may now be functioning as an Internet Server with neither your knowledge nor your permission. And that it may be serving up all or many of your personal files for reading, writing, modification and even deletion by anyone, anywhere, on the Internet!
One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.
All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

Good results from ShieldsUp, seems that my computer is well protected.....

originally posted by dustyputer

great.. my pc is well secured too.. :)

I am currently {
| |
intrigue_alvin83@hotmail.com
| |
alvinauboonhock
}
=========================
Intel P4 1.5 Ghz
Intel D850GB MOBO
256MB PC 800 RDRAM
20GB Maxtor HDD (5400 RPM)
40GB Maxtor HDD (7200 RPM)
52X Creative CDROM
8X4X32 Creative CDRW
16X ASUS DVD ROM
Iomega 100 MB USB Zip Drive
SYBA Ultra ATA IDE controller card
SB live 5.1 DE
Ageing Gainward 64MB GF2MX400 --> | Upgrading to GF4 Ti4 series |
Altec Lansing ACS 56
Dlink D538TX NIC

=========================

I'm secure all the way.....(using Blackice Defender).....untill now none of the site's port probe stuff has managed to get in....

hey check this out i run a port porbe and all water tight barrier but run kazaa repeated the test and port 80 (http) is open to the world im not really up to scratch on this and im wondering what info could be leaked how and how to patch up the security hole
btw! im using norton p firewall 2003

Guys,i went over to Symantec site a ran a test and it said that i should get a personal firewall because my browser is not that secure.
What do you guys recomend???
Thanks !

Originally posted by Leo
Guys,i went over to Symantec site a ran a test and it said that i should get a personal firewall because my browser is not that secure.
What do you guys recomend???
Thanks !

hehehe, I guess Symantec recomended "Norton personal firewall"?
Well anyway thats what I use...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back