Test Drive Unlimited

It worked OK for me for a week. Every other game still works fine.

This is what we get for a game, a ****ty ported version of the 360 game, and a ****ty patch that only fixes a few things for some people.

I did a driver clean and new sound drivers. Suprisingly it works for now. But it still has hiccups when loading a new user track or pre-installed track. It isn't poor disc performance, just a game glitch. Mebey they should preload a bit more depending on available resources.

Lockups on new install with all signed drivers, or with new 8.4 betas.

Yay. Mebey water cooling will solve my problems, or mebey a new PSU.

I finished the whole thing again, going to let it chill for a bit and then start anew by going through and setting new PB's on all the tracks and then attempting to beat the toughest races with my skyline :D

/me hearts da skyline

That baby is by far the most fun car to through around a twisty track. I still can't believe how well it handled the Big Turns level ;)

This game still sucks. Random lockups.

New sound card. All windows certified drivers. Game locks, but music continues to play. And just like I said, no one plays it for lack of support.

I should have taken it back and gotten a good game. I still hate Atari.

You suck.

:D

Send me your wheel, and you system. We will trade for a few weeks while I beat the game.

Heheh. Actually played this a few days back, while waiting for my copy of COD4 to arrive, forgot how awesome it was.

HD3870 and a new sound card and still locks up. I have 2 gigs of RAM on its way, mebey.

And this has been the most expensive game evar for me. I might try it on my machine at work. And on the one I am building for work today.

Yayyyyyyy!!!

Atari sucks, but others have found the fix for this piece of crappy goodness game. I was able to play for a long time tonight, but my profile is still a bit jacked as I have traveled over two million miles backwards on a motobike.

But the game playable in all it's HD3870 goodness or settings with no lag. Now just to get a wheel.

Oh yar, teh fixors.

Delete the file named radial.cdb in your C:\Documents and settings\all users\application data\Test Drive Unlimited
Folder.
You must enable viewing of system files and hidden files to see it to delete it, and delte it after every game play. There are some tools a hombre has come up with to auto delete this file, as well as backup your profile in the case it becomes corrupted, and also other tweaks. None of which is supported by Atardi. Bunch of twats.

-edit-

Deleted bit about advocating "other means" of acquiring the game.

-/edit-

Last edited by a moderator:
/me stick out tounge at Sazar.....

What wheel do you have? I need to order one to play better, my controller only does so well for meh. The deadzone and sudden jerk from the analog controls causes me to lose it with my 350-Z on the twisties. With some tuning the car is a bit flightly. I like my Audi more, and haven't been able to afford a Lambo yet.

I used my Logitech discounts to buy a Logitech Momo wheel for 49 bucks almost a year ago :D

That's what I use.

For pure driving, I still thoroughly enjoy the skyline. It is such a beast and sounds so cool ;)

Plus handling is nice and if you know what you are doing, you can get it to mis-behave a bit on the twisties.

I can has ordered my new momo. I was gonna buy the G25 but I don't have enough denero right now.

Dave and Busters and a trip to the Cherry Creek Mall for my wife. Amazingly she found every expensive store there.

I am gonna move my computer over to the other wall too as I bought a 15' DVI cable to connect to the projector.

This game with a wheel in 106" 1080i goodness.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back